Adam Dunn dropped... VETO? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Adam Dunn dropped... VETO?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Adam Dunn dropped... VETO?

Postby bpizle » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:07 am

Okay, first off to say, I hate it when people drop good players like this. He drops Adam Dunn and picks up Kuo at reliever, the funny thing is, he couldve used dunn in Brian Giles spot in the OF.. I dont know what to do about this, but im thinking Veto.. HELP
bpizle
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Adam Dunn dropped... VETO?

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:38 am

bpizle wrote:Okay, first off to say, I hate it when people drop good players like this. He drops Adam Dunn and picks up Kuo at reliever, the funny thing is, he couldve used dunn in Brian Giles spot in the OF.. I dont know what to do about this, but im thinking Veto.. HELP

You can't veto that. I don't know what your cats are, but I dont see how you can overrule a FA move unless its an elite player (and Dunn isnt)
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mak1277 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:55 pm

you can't veto a free agent move unless it's an obvious situation like when an owner drops all his players, or something outrageous like that.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Marrakesh Express » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:38 pm

Maybe the guy needed average help and Dunn kills your average. Kuo is a very good middle reliever with good k numbers in addition to era and whip. That said if he could have dropped Giles then it is a stupid move. As they say chicks dig the long ball and so do fantasy owners
Marrakesh Express
College Coach
College Coach

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:24 am

Marrakesh Express wrote:Maybe the guy needed average help and Dunn kills your average. Kuo is a very good middle reliever with good k numbers in addition to era and whip. That said if he could have dropped Giles then it is a stupid move. As they say chicks dig the long ball and so do fantasy owners

Dropping Giles would clearly have been the right move, but this is a typical non-fishy dumb move made in leagues everyday. Nothing you can really do IMO, except put in a claim and ride the wave... ;-)
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby T-fence92 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:22 pm

It is a stupid move, but there is nothing you can do about it
T-fence92
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jmudukes2008 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:26 am

Find out if one of his boys has the top waiver spot...if its a money league then you should def send a message to the commish about it. I'm in a high-end money league and a similar thing happened in my league last year...the guy in 10th place dropped grady and the guy in 3rd place picked him up...i later found out they were best friends and decided to split the money if the 3rd place guy won...needless to say neither one of them is in our league this year...

July 4th, 4:51 pm: Big Pelf is going to be an all out star...Pick him up before someone else does.
jmudukes2008
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby Motown Blues » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:55 am

Reminds me of one of my 2007 Fantasy Football leagues when the guy in first place dropped Brandon Marshall. Nothing to be done; he went to the waiver wire. I was just irritated that I had dropped to #12 priority the day for picking up Lee Evans.... :-{
Motown Blues
College Coach
College Coach

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:23 pm

Motown Blues wrote:Reminds me of one of my 2007 Fantasy Football leagues when the guy in first place dropped Brandon Marshall. Nothing to be done; he went to the waiver wire. I was just irritated that I had dropped to #12 priority the day for picking up Lee Evans.... :-{

Yeah, this is pretty common in football leagues I think - I have this one idiot in my re-draft leagues that drafts guys too early and then gets pissed when they don't pan out/start slow, so he just drops them. By then, I'm usually high enough in the standings to not have a shot when he drops his first three draft picks (like last year) and I have to watch helplessly as he loads up the teams trying to chase the top teams down :-o

Some people's kids... ;-)
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Return to Commissioner's Corner