NBA Draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

NBA Draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: NBA Draft

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:21 pm

thedude wrote:
mweir145 wrote:And there were no franchise players available after the 3rd pick this year (and I may be giving Mayo the benefit of the doubt). It was a fairly weak draft, and Gallinari projected in the top 10 based on what he had done with the Euro League. He's not going to be a franchise player at that pick (and if they were expecting that, they are just way off), but I'd be surprised if he wasn't a good player for them.

This was actually considered a pretty deep draft. Most drafts do not have more than 2 or three franchise players. Last year there were 2 guys projected to be franchise players. The year before had only Brandon Roy (others may develop, but Roy is the only very good player so far). 2005 had Williams and Paul. Of course more franchise players may develop out of those drafts, but right now those are the only guys you could really consider on the path to superstars. This draft considered deep because there were a bunch of guys who project to be good players.

I've read all about what the draft was supposed to be, but I just didn't see it. Jason Thompson, Brandon Rush, Anthony Randolph, Robin Lopez, Javale McGee, JJ Hickson all mid 1sts? %-6
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:23 pm

NorthSider2 wrote:I'm still shocked that Joey Dorsey went before CDR. Dorsey was just brutal and I cant see him doing anything in the Pros

I watched a lot of Memphis last year, and I never really was ever that impressed with CDR's game. I really don't know if he has the skills to consistently play in an NBA rotation, and I guess many GM's questioned the same thing.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Amazinz » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:56 pm

The Rooster is throwing out the first pitch today at Shea. Wonder if they will boo him again? :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DaShiz23 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:09 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
NorthSider2 wrote:I'm still shocked that Joey Dorsey went before CDR. Dorsey was just brutal and I cant see him doing anything in the Pros

i could see him being a ben wallace type clone.

Me too, except he'll probably take some nights off. I would be scared of a cat like that with a wad of cash in his pocket!
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Previous

Return to General Talk