NBA Draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

NBA Draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: NBA Draft

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:51 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:Beasley will be a bust. Cannot play defense.

half the players in the nba cant play defense. if hes putting up 20 and 10 numbers he can make millions in the nba. see zach randolph.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby abrage22 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:46 am

Snakes Gould wrote:

half the players in the nba cant play defense. if hes putting up 20 and 10 numbers he can make millions in the nba. see zach randolph.

exactly ;-D nba guys don't even try playing D, unless its the playoffs
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:53 am

Grounded Polo wrote:The definition of a franchise player? Did you not watch the 2007 playoff series against Golden State? The definition of a franchise player is a guy who dominates when the games matter most and leads his teams to championships, not the NBA finals. Shaquille O'Neal and Tim Duncan have been the best players of this decade and not surprisingly, they're big men who are dominant post players.

One series does not make a player. Dirk Nowitzki has been one of the best players in the NBA for several years, and has led his team to the NBA Finals (where he played extremely well, I should add). Writing him off because his team was unable to win a series is just wrong. And yes, he is exactly the definition of a franchise player. Was KG not a franchise player because he had the misfortune of playing on a bad team for years? Of course not. Outside of Duncan, Shaq, and maybe Garnett, Dirk has basically been the most successful big in the NBA over the last 10 years.

I'd rather try gambling on Bayless and hope he develops into a nice PG than Danilo. He's going to get eaten alive because Donnie wants him to play PF.

And obviously the Knicks didn't. Bayless seemingly dropped a lot further than expected, and I expect there was a reason for that.

Everything involving the Knicks revolves around poor except for their player's bank accounts.

Again...a poor draft history doesn't mean every decision they'll ever make in the future is the wrong one.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby abrage22 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:55 am

what he said^^^ ;-7 B-) B-)
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:57 am

Snakes Gould wrote:

I think Zach Randolph is really the downside for Beasley.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:42 am

mweir145 wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:

I think Zach Randolph is really the downside for Beasley.

oh i dont think its a good comparison either, but im just saying guys who can score 20-10 with no defense can last in the league, and even be looked at as all-stars.

hey take eddy curry for example. 13-5 and is a "premier" post player.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:09 am

Oh, I guess I forgot to mention the Raptors' only draft pick this year:

Nathan Jawai..."Aussie Shaq" FTW! ;-D

I'd actually like to see him come over this year, considering the team almost always lacks rebounding and toughness.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby NorthSider2 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:05 am

I'm still shocked that Joey Dorsey went before CDR. Dorsey was just brutal and I cant see him doing anything in the Pros
Thanks to soty for the sweet sig

Go Cubs
NorthSider2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thedude » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:21 am

mweir145 wrote:And there were no franchise players available after the 3rd pick this year (and I may be giving Mayo the benefit of the doubt). It was a fairly weak draft, and Gallinari projected in the top 10 based on what he had done with the Euro League. He's not going to be a franchise player at that pick (and if they were expecting that, they are just way off), but I'd be surprised if he wasn't a good player for them.

This was actually considered a pretty deep draft. Most drafts do not have more than 2 or three franchise players. Last year there were 2 guys projected to be franchise players. The year before had only Brandon Roy (others may develop, but Roy is the only very good player so far). 2005 had Williams and Paul. Of course more franchise players may develop out of those drafts, but right now those are the only guys you could really consider on the path to superstars. This draft considered deep because there were a bunch of guys who project to be good players.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:57 pm

NorthSider2 wrote:I'm still shocked that Joey Dorsey went before CDR. Dorsey was just brutal and I cant see him doing anything in the Pros

i could see him being a ben wallace type clone.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk