grats man and good luck, that's sweet. ;-D
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Screenwriting?

Postby dclark0699 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:07 pm

IllinoisBandit wrote:No joke; that's pretty darn cool. At worst you've surely got a great deal of personal satisfaction for your efforts.
Best of luck.

Yeah this is basically how I see it. The next round will cut the pool down from a few hundred to 8 or 9 so I don't exactly expect to make that cut, but it's always nice when someone tells you you're funny =)
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:41 pm

congrats pal. very happy for you. take the comments and run with them. keep working on your craft ;-D

wth is the princess bride by the way?

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dclark0699 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:47 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:congrats pal. very happy for you. take the comments and run with them. keep working on your craft ;-D

wth is the princess bride by the way?

Princess Bride is a very goofy fairy tale-type movie. Kinda like Shrek, but with real people and less traditional fairy tale. I haven't seen it in forever - so that might not be completely accurate. It had Andre the Giant, that I remember.

Clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EkBuKQEkio
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:16 am

Anything with Andre the Giant has to be awesome. ;-D

Congratulations. Even though I get the impression your script is confusing, the critic's comments are more confusing. :-b Seriously, that's excellent, keep at it. ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:59 am

Snakes Gould wrote:wth is the princess bride by the way?

Have you been living in a cave? :-D

Didn't you ever wonder where this quote came from: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die.

#155 rated movie on IMDB. Don't exactly agree with the Shrek comparison. Extremely witty and definitely funny. You should rent it.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DbacksRback » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:52 am

congrats man hope u move on ;-D

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:02 am

Amazinz wrote:

Didn't you ever wonder where this quote came from: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die.

#155 rated movie on IMDB. Don't exactly agree with the Shrek comparison. Extremely witty and definitely funny. You should rent it.

1. no
2. no.

:-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CineMamet » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:06 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
Amazinz wrote:

1. no
2. no.

:-D

You are probably a 90's, not an 80's kid. Boooooo!
Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember me from such nature films as "Earwigs: Ewwww" and "Man vs. Nature: The Road to Victory."
CineMamet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CineMamet » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:08 am

dclark0699 wrote:Does anyone else play around with screenwriting as a hobby? I just recently finished the second draft of my fourth comedy script - and was just seeing if anyone else shared my strange man-love for the written word.

I have no idea if I will every do anything with them - but thanks to moneys allocated through the economic stimulus plan, I did enter one into the BlueCat screenwriting competition this year - mostly because on top of being entered, they give you several pages of notes and comments. I thought it would be nice to see where I actually stand in terms of whether or not they are any good. I mean, I make myself laugh, but that's not terribly difficult. I could be awful at it and really would have no idea - it will be nice to see what someone outside my immediate family and friends and college screenwriting classmates actually think of one of them.

Any one else?

I do. I haven't heard of BlueCat. Coverage is free?

I'm working on a crime drama right now. Enter yours in Nicholl's! But then again, if you don't, less competition for me!
All kidding aside, what do you enjoy writing? I steer towards drama.
Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember me from such nature films as "Earwigs: Ewwww" and "Man vs. Nature: The Road to Victory."
CineMamet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk