Jason Giambi's Mustache - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jason Giambi's Mustache

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Jason Giambi's Mustache

Postby KCollins1304 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:51 pm

neoforce wrote:two interesting points about his mustache.

It was really light colored, and mysteriously darkened the other day. Should he join Keith Hernandez doing "Just for Men" commercials?

Yankee policy is no facial hair below the lips. Ever the rebel, Giambi has a small soul patch as well as the mustache. That seems to come and go. Not sure if he is being asked to shave it or he is just testing the waters.

As a Yankee fan, I think the mustache looks horrible. And I hope to heck he doesn't shave it given the way he is hitting!!


Here is why Derek Jeter is a tremendous leader. When the Yankees lost two straight over the weekend, he told The Big G to fix his mustache and make it more presentable.

The Big G got himself some Just For Men and dyed it all dark brown. The Yankees then won, further confirming the awesome power of the ’stache.
\

That's from Pete Abe's blog, Jeter made him clean it up. ;-D
Image
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5089
Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Jason Giambi's Mustache

Postby Polar Bear » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:56 pm

I noticed that the picture I posted was lighter then the one I saw in the highlights.

It still looks like he just woke up in Tombstone though.
Image
Polar Bear
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 339
Joined: 12 Jun 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jason Giambi's Mustache

Postby Old_Style » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:01 pm

I'm liking Giambi's 'stache. Very 80's-esque.
Sal Fasano's Fu Manchu is tops in my book though. Top 5 at least.
Image
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6885
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at the last neighborhood corner tavern

Re: Jason Giambi's Mustache

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:30 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:
neoforce wrote:two interesting points about his mustache.

It was really light colored, and mysteriously darkened the other day. Should he join Keith Hernandez doing "Just for Men" commercials?

Yankee policy is no facial hair below the lips. Ever the rebel, Giambi has a small soul patch as well as the mustache. That seems to come and go. Not sure if he is being asked to shave it or he is just testing the waters.

As a Yankee fan, I think the mustache looks horrible. And I hope to heck he doesn't shave it given the way he is hitting!!


Here is why Derek Jeter is a tremendous leader. When the Yankees lost two straight over the weekend, he told The Big G to fix his mustache and make it more presentable.

The Big G got himself some Just For Men and dyed it all dark brown. The Yankees then won, further confirming the awesome power of the ’stache.
\

That's from Pete Abe's blog, Jeter made him clean it up. ;-D

This needs to be used in the 'Jeter is overrated' thread as proof to the contrary.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 307)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Jason Giambi's Mustache

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:41 pm

Giambi obviously has the problem I have, his facial hair doesn't match the hair on his head. :-C

I grew a goatee earlier this month and it turned bright ginger/copper nearly overnight. :-t The hair on my head is brown.

Anyone else have this problem?
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11363
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Jason Giambi's Mustache

Postby pjalst » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:50 pm

Giambi has been raking since the Pornstache grew in. ;-D

Image
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1356
(Past Year: 39)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Niskayuna, NY

Re: Jason Giambi's Mustache

Postby Polar Bear » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:13 am

AussieDodger wrote:Giambi obviously has the problem I have, his facial hair doesn't match the hair on his head. :-C

I grew a goatee earlier this month and it turned bright ginger/copper nearly overnight. :-t The hair on my head is brown.

Anyone else have this problem?


I have a similar problem, but opposite. I'm blonde and my facial hair is black.
Image
Polar Bear
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 339
Joined: 12 Jun 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jason Giambi's Mustache

Postby WyldStallyn » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:28 am

Polar Bear wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:Giambi obviously has the problem I have, his facial hair doesn't match the hair on his head. :-C

I grew a goatee earlier this month and it turned bright ginger/copper nearly overnight. :-t The hair on my head is brown.

Anyone else have this problem?


I have a similar problem, but opposite. I'm blonde and my facial hair is black.


im blonde and can grow a wonderful blonde 'stach. problem is, the gf would leave me if i did
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1927
Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jason Giambi's Mustache

Postby seniorpaul » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:37 pm

WyldStallyn wrote:im blonde and can grow a wonderful blonde 'stach. problem is, the gf would leave me if i did


Otherwise known as the "Get out of jail free card".
seniorpaul
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1401
Joined: 24 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jason Giambi's Mustache

Postby neoforce » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:50 pm

AussieDodger wrote:Giambi obviously has the problem I have, his facial hair doesn't match the hair on his head. :-C

I grew a goatee earlier this month and it turned bright ginger/copper nearly overnight. :-t The hair on my head is brown.

Anyone else have this problem?


Yeah, I have that same problem. Brown hair, and my beard comes in white. Funny, i didn't have that problem 20 years ago. O:-)
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 1128
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 17 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 0:26 hours
(and 97 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact