Chris Davis called up..... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Chris Davis called up.....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Chris Davis called up.....

Postby ABA316 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:14 pm

Precious little comes up from the minors through waivers in ESPN so this might be worth a go.

I'd probly drop Colby Rasmus or Edwin Encarnacion for him..already holding a spot for Matt Laporta. Thinking keep the Laporta spot and drop Colby?
ABA316
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby redjake » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:14 pm

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/baseball/rangers/stories/062708dnsporangbriefs.2335231.html

Evan Grant claims that Davis will split time against lefties with Max Ramirez. Davis says he was told that a decision would need to be made upon Blalock's return.

"They said that when Hank comes back there will be a decision that will have to be made," Davis said. "They need his bat in the lineup. But until then, I'm not going to worry about those decisions. I'm very excited about this opportunity."
redjake
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mt99808 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:33 am

Why hasn't he been added to Yahoo yet?
mt99808
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rentz » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:53 am

I'm in an AL only keeper league, and I've got to think davis will be the best bet to use the waiver on.

The guy is improving his k and bb rate, though he still k's a lot. he just flat out mashes the baseball, i saw him a lot in AA.

The team SAYS he's a temporary fill in until blalock comes back, but this guy is the future at dh/1b and the team is trying to get looks at younger guys so i don't know that he'd be sent right down considering he had to be added to the 40man just to be called up (the rangers are usually pretty protective of those 40man spots)
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby EverybodyHits » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:58 pm

yahoo is waiting to write a few articles about him before adding to the database !+)
EverybodyHits
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby yanks924 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:17 pm

figures what a joke. But I read in another forum about him that during the game yesterday they said the decision has already been made that he will be sent back down as soon as Blalock returns so I am not sure what im going to do with the number 1 waiver in my 10 team league.
yanks924
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rentz » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:34 pm

yanks924 wrote:figures what a joke. But I read in another forum about him that during the game yesterday they said the decision has already been made that he will be sent back down as soon as Blalock returns so I am not sure what im going to do with the number 1 waiver in my 10 team league.

in a 10 team league, if it isn't a keeper i don't know that i'd risk it. i think theres a good chance he sticks, but theres a decent chance they send him down when hank gets back.
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dweenmachine » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:34 pm

He's in Yahoo's database... finally. Good luck getting him though, he hit another HR tonight!
dweenmachine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:04 am

dweenmachine wrote:He's in Yahoo's database... finally. Good luck getting him though, he hit another HR tonight!

I am (for once) happy I am in an ESPN league, so I could get in on a guy like this without wasting a top-end waiver priority on him ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby felixthecat011 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:29 am

WaCougMBS wrote:
dweenmachine wrote:He's in Yahoo's database... finally. Good luck getting him though, he hit another HR tonight!

I am (for once) happy I am in an ESPN league, so I could get in on a guy like this without wasting a top-end waiver priority on him ;-D

Really... I had to use my 7 spot to get him (in an ESPN league)... :-/

Either way, here's hoping hope he hits and makes us all look like fantasy baseball geniuses...
felixthecat011
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates