This draft is insane! Find a weakness I dare you! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

This draft is insane! Find a weakness I dare you!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Andy1234 » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:30 pm

Even for a 10 team league, your team is STACKED. You said to find a weakness and that is your RP.

If this particular answer was helpful to you, click here.
(You can click on none or multiple replies in your thread.)
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LionsandTigersOhMy » Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:34 pm

Why even play in a league where half the owners just got off the short bus????I wouldnt be proud of that team..I would be bummed knowing there will not be any excitement all season because I will blow everyone away..

LionsandTigersOhMy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby I Love Pizza » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:31 pm

I like your quote, but here is a question for you: If second place is the first losers then what are the Tigers?[/quote]
I Love Pizza

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby LionsandTigersOhMy » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:50 pm

There just bad...very very very very BAD!!!!

But I do believe they will improve considerably this year..And hopefully that will make some more free agents see that it's OK to come play here...I will be sayin my prayers every night that Beltran is a Tiger next year..

Believe it or not we are fanatical about baseball here..I go to about 40 games a year and I gaurantee if they were competing for the division they would sell out every game..I am diehard no matter how bad they suck..

LionsandTigersOhMy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby I love Pizza » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:47 pm

Thats good that you are a die hard fan. I am a die hard Cubs fan and I know last year during the playoffs people at my school were just coming out of the woodwork about loving the Cubs. In April, I was the only one wearing a "C" on my hat, but in October everyone had one. And I also think Beltran would look much better in Cubbie Blue--we have an opening in LF since Alou will be gone. I hope ya'll do good this year because I really like Trammel, he was an awesome player that I loved to watch when I was young.
I love Pizza

Postby LionsandTigersOhMy » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:51 pm

Yea its unfortunate that some are bandwagon jumpers.And I agree Tram was an awesome player and I think he is being shafted by the Hall of Fame.Thats another topic though but it gets me mad....sorry!

LionsandTigersOhMy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

yes, i suppose i am an idiot

Postby X1088LoD » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:08 pm

In a ten team league, there are more than enough players to go around. Soriano is a legit first round pick sure. As for Beltran and Vlad, outfielders in a field of a million outfielders. As for fantasy, both will put up good numbers, but there are other key positions for fantasy points than HR's and batting average. Vlad had 71 runs and 79 RBI and has been injury plagued throughout his career. However there are at least 12 other outfielders that will put up better numbers than Guerrero, so outfield is not a priority draft pick. Beltran is a legit 1nd round pick and was taken 12th overall in the second round. So he didnt quite make it all the way around for us idiots to have a chance to take him.

As for your team Go Cubbies, my calls: Piazza will be hurt within the first two months, Carlos Lee is a white sock, enough said, I consider Burnitz the worst baseball player in history, for my own reasons, you have almost NO relieving pitching, because they will not get you the categories that you need out of relievers, e.g. saves, Jose Reyes, Teixera, and Mauer are hardly proven players, and could easily flop, Frank Thomas is old and its just a matter of time before it sets in.

Your team is relying too much on youth and comeback players as somebody else said, so you have a double edged sword, you can either be really good, or really bad. But you hardly have the best team in this league by a mile.
X1088LoD

Postby Baseball-Boy » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:55 am

Maybe its just me, but I don't actually think that this team is that great.

It seems to me that you are relying a little too much on the results of last season.

In my experience, the best players change by quite a bit every year. Players get old (and bad), young players have break out seasons, pitchers really suffer.

Don't get me wrong, on last season's results you havea very strong team. But I do not think its exceptional.

Perhaps I am jsut not very good at this. Please see my team and let me know where I am going wrong!!!!!
Baseball-Boy

Yeah, Yeah.

Postby Go CUBBIES!!! » Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:28 pm

Alright folks, thanks for all the feedback. First I'd like to say that the title of this forum "I dare you..." was simply a gimmick to get people to check out the site, hence the immediate condradiction in the actual content of my first post. People love to rip arrogant people a new one. I suspected a bunch of people would jump at the opportunity to do so and I've been roven correct. I knew my team was weak in all the areas Xlo88d pointed out. I just wanted to hear what some people had to say, any pointers etc. I do take some degree of pride in my 3 first rounders, but am also aware that they're useless in a head to head league if the rest of the team sucks. Yes I chose a bunch of unprovens and old geezers. As with the cubbies of old, I'm, always a fan of underdogs.

If Nen has a flashback year ( although it's looking less and less likely) he's got 30+ saves and an ERA under 3.00.

Frank Thomas has his pride on the line and will perform again. He's gotta make one last push if he expect to make the hall of fame.

Joe Mauer will be awesome a la A.J. Pyrzcynski.

Randy Johnson will get his innings because there's aren't any stars on the pitching staff any more; innings = Ks when you're talking Randy Johnson.

Texiera was a wild card pick, if the rangers ever give hima stable position he will really shine. Jose Reyes will score 90 runs and steal 25 bases.

Carlos Lee doesn't need to be on a good team to perform.

Jeromy Burnitz had 31 HR last year and now he's in Col, you can expect that number to go up. He does suck in every other category, but he was my last pick and I'm confortable with the gamble.

I'm pretty sure that's all I have to say in my defense. We'll see what happens. Thanks for everyone who left some feedback that was constructive in even the smallest way, although "you're team is stacked" (and nothing else said), doesn't really help.I don't need an ego inflation, in fact sharp criticism is exactly what I wanted. Good luck to everyone this fantasy year and remember, you're money is well invested on a bet that the cubs WILL be in the World Series. Winning? that's another issue altogether,but rest assured they will make it to Series.

"HOOOLLEEEEE COOW!"
-Harry Carey
Go CUBBIES!!! Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: yes, i suppose i am an idiot

Postby Andy1234 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:52 pm

X1088LoD wrote:However there are at least 12 other outfielders that will put up better numbers than Guerrero
Name them

I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team