Josh Johnson - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Josh Johnson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Josh Johnson

Postby YerInUrine » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:42 am

His rehab assignment appears to be going well. Any thoughts on him for the 2nd half?

Jun 26 RHP Josh Johnson (elbow) allowed two earned runs on six hits in 5 1/3 innings for Class AA Carolina on Tuesday. He struck out four and allowed no walks.

Jun 25 Craig Barnes, of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, reports Florida Marlins SP Josh M. Johnson (shoulder) gave up two earned runs and six hits while striking out four and walking none in 5 1/3 innings pitched Tuesday, June 24, with Double-A Carolina.

Jun 25 Johnson had another successful rehab start Tuesday as he returns from Tommy John surgery, throwing 5.1 innings for Double-A Carolina and allowing two runs on six hits. He struck out four and did not walk a batter.

Recommendation: The control is especially impressive, as that's usually the last thing a pitcher gets back as they try to regain a feel for their pitches following the surgery. Once Johnson proves he can handle a 100-pitch workload, expect to see him get the call back to the majors.

-Yahoo
YerInUrine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Josh Johnson

Postby Chicago RedSox » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:35 am

I wish they would have said what his pitch counts were for those two starts.
I'm putting him on my watch list, he might be a valuable pickup for the stretch run.
Thanks for the update.
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates