Shawn Chacon Auditions For The WWE With Ed Wade - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Shawn Chacon Auditions For The WWE With Ed Wade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Shawn Chacon Auditions For The WWE With Ed Wade

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:48 pm

moochman wrote:Chacon blew his cool for sure, but the GM had no place confronting a player. GM yells at manager, manager yells at player. They should both be fined and suspended for their childish and unprofessional behavior.

I totally disagree with that. The GM is still his boss. Up one, two or more levels doesn't matter.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ROC AllStars » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:10 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
moochman wrote:Chacon blew his cool for sure, but the GM had no place confronting a player. GM yells at manager, manager yells at player. They should both be fined and suspended for their childish and unprofessional behavior.

I totally disagree with that. The GM is still his boss. Up one, two or more levels doesn't matter.

I agree with this. And regardless, there is a difference between yelling at someone and physically assaulting them. Wade could have had him arrested. Expect to see Chacon moved within the next few days, I can't see a GM keeping a player who attacked him in the system.
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby stevekahuda » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:18 pm

I agree. However, the boss should never have to yell at his employees. Its truly the sign of a really bad boss. If possible, my opinion of Wade just went even lower.
stevekahuda
College Coach
College Coach

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:20 pm

stevekahuda wrote:I agree. However, the boss should never have to yell at his employees. Its truly the sign of a really bad boss. If possible, my opinion of Wade just went even lower.

I agree with this point. When you hold the employment of a player in your hands, verbally abusing them is beneath you.

Obviously, Chacon was wrong, but as I said earlier, Wade screwed the pooch on this one, too.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:02 pm

stevekahuda wrote:I agree. However, the boss should never have to yell at his employees. Its truly the sign of a really bad boss. If possible, my opinion of Wade just went even lower.

Absolutley. I hate it when bosses yell cause I think it is a horrible way to got about business.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby Precise » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:43 pm

I don't care if I am the GM of a baseball team or the shiftleader at McDonalds. I would never yell at and/or belittle person in front of his/her co-workers. First, it does nothing to improve the performance of the employee. Second, theres a decent shot that the employee will tell me to "f*ck off" and/or punch me in the face.
Precise
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ROC AllStars » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:51 pm

Precise wrote:I don't care if I am the GM of a baseball team or the shiftleader at McDonalds. I would never yell at and/or belittle person in front of his/her co-workers. First, it does nothing to improve the performance of the employee. Second, theres a decent shot that the employee will tell me to "f*ck off" and/or punch me in the face.

Yeah. He's a crappy boss. Does that mean that Chacon shouldn't be punished for attacking him? Unfortunately, in legal terms Wade did nothing wrong. Chacon did. If someone taunts and belittles someone for years, and then that someone turns around and shoots him, we typically don't let the shooter walk free. This whole incident resulted from Chacon's immature reaction. I wouldn't expect a headline to read "GM belittles Chacon". It would be a non-issue.
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby thedude » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:02 pm

This a lesson for the kids, don't interrupt a pitcher while he is enjoying his pregame meal. I mean all Chacon wanted to do was enjoy his food, and mean old Wade comes along and starts yelling at him. What did Wade expect to happen?
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby stevekahuda » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:03 pm

ROC AllStars wrote:
Precise wrote:I don't care if I am the GM of a baseball team or the shiftleader at McDonalds. I would never yell at and/or belittle person in front of his/her co-workers. First, it does nothing to improve the performance of the employee. Second, theres a decent shot that the employee will tell me to "f*ck off" and/or punch me in the face.

Yeah. He's a crappy boss. Does that mean that Chacon shouldn't be punished for attacking him? Unfortunately, in legal terms Wade did nothing wrong. Chacon did. If someone taunts and belittles someone for years, and then that someone turns around and shoots him, we typically don't let the shooter walk free. This whole incident resulted from Chacon's immature reaction. I wouldn't expect a headline to read "GM belittles Chacon". It would be a non-issue.

No one in this thread justified his behavior even implicitly. Not sure where you're getting that from. We just said that Ed Wade is a crappy boss that doesn't know how to handle things in a proper manner.
stevekahuda
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ROC AllStars » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:34 pm

stevekahuda wrote:No one in this thread justified his behavior even implicitly. Not sure where you're getting that from. We just said that Ed Wade is a crappy boss that doesn't know how to handle things in a proper manner.

All I'm suggesting is that the real discussion should focus on Chacon, not on Wade.
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers