Carlos Marmol - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Carlos Marmol

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Carlos Marmol

Postby mozart24 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:44 am

What's up with Marmol? I need him for his holds, but is he going to fix the control problems? He's killing my ratios.
mozart24
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Carlos Marmol

Postby nfl_fantasy_azn » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:31 am

Same here man. I feel your pain.
nfl_fantasy_azn
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby etraum » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:56 pm

I've heard via a Cubs Network that because Marmol has the most "unhittalbe" slider on the planet that the opposing teams have decided to just not swing at it. This means that whether its in or out the strike zone they will absolutely not swing. Analysis upon this is that Marmol will have to gain early control of the count by throwing strikes and then he can finish hitters off with his slider. Let me repeat this once and for all... Marmol is absolutely fine. He has no control issues. He will be back to his dominating self.
etraum
College Coach
College Coach

Postby deutschland » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:31 pm

well, i think it's time to say there's officially something wrong after today's blowup. i've had him benched for a week, then decided to reinsert him into my lineup last night for today's game i decided to drop him for corpas today.
deutschland
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:37 pm

etraum wrote:I've heard via a Cubs Network that because Marmol has the most "unhittalbe" slider on the planet that the opposing teams have decided to just not swing at it. This means that whether its in or out the strike zone they will absolutely not swing. Analysis upon this is that Marmol will have to gain early control of the count by throwing strikes and then he can finish hitters off with his slider. Let me repeat this once and for all... Marmol is absolutely fine. He has no control issues. He will be back to his dominating self.

I watched the 9th inning last night and his slider is sick, but he hasn't been controlling it very well lately so the hitters have been waiting for his fastball which they've been teeing off on. Pure speculation here, but he's pitching like 50+ already which is a TON for a middle reliever, so he could use the ASB just as much as the everyday players need it.
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates