J BAY - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Contests and Showing Off

J BAY

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

J BAY

Postby abrage22 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:26 am

i slopped this together, i keep learning new things, its just all about ideas for me, i like looking at ur guy's galleries to get some ideas.
Image

i think it turned out decent, idk. the font part is is sooo hard to do. ik its good to keep it simple, but it just didn't look good simple in this sig, and i dont really think i made it much better :-o
Image
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3753
Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: J BAY

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:30 am

better. the text isnt that bad, but heres a trick i learned thats very easy to do. duplicate your text and make it a different color, and then move it slightly behind the original text to give it a shadow/outline look. your text looks like its just floating in space there. always try to put the text at the bottom or make it look like the text is on something, whether its a line, some dots, part of the bg pic, etc...


j bay himself looks blah. you need to duplicate the layer of j bay and experiment with the different lighting effects.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: J BAY

Postby abrage22 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:35 am

thank u snakes ;-D
Image
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3753
Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: J BAY

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:37 am

my sigs certainly arent the best, nor do i ever seem to win any contests, but i like to lend my support to new artists.

if you take a peek at my sig site, you'll see the text technique with my greinke, fielder, upton, bruce, putz, etc... very easy to do, but usually ends up looking nice.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: J BAY

Postby abrage22 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:42 am

Yea dude thats awesome. i think it really looks well with the upton and greinke ones the best, but they all look awesome. i also like that player effect u have with alot of ur sigs, for example the joba,upton,penny,zimmerman. good stuff with that
Image
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3753
Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: J BAY

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:48 am

abrage22 wrote:Yea dude thats awesome. i think it really looks well with the upton and greinke ones the best, but they all look awesome. i also like that player effect u have with alot of ur sigs, for example the joba,upton,penny,zimmerman. good stuff with that


the outer glow around the player?
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: J BAY

Postby abrage22 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:40 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
abrage22 wrote:Yea dude thats awesome. i think it really looks well with the upton and greinke ones the best, but they all look awesome. i also like that player effect u have with alot of ur sigs, for example the joba,upton,penny,zimmerman. good stuff with that


the outer glow around the player?

yeah ;-D
Image
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3753
Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: J BAY

Postby bpizle » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:36 pm

Nice general idea. The text to me is VERY bland and like snakes said its out in the open.. But like i said its a good general ideal. ;-D
bpizle
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 561
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: J BAY

Postby abrage22 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:47 pm

thanks everyone.

i'll make another siggy tonight prabably. i'll pay more attention to the text and all, cause if it doesn't look good it can really take away from the whole sig.
Image
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3753
Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: J BAY

Postby bpizle » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:51 pm

abrage22 wrote:thanks everyone.

i'll make another siggy tonight prabably. i'll pay more attention to the text and all, cause if it doesn't look good it can really take away from the whole sig.


Yea right now im working on a A-Rod Sig.
bpizle
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 561
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact