Here's how my team turned out - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Here's how my team turned out

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Andy1234 » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:57 pm

Lofunzo wrote:I disagree with taking them over Renteria. He is entering his prime and plays at a shallow position. I would grab him. 1B and OF are extremely deep this year. I would also strongly consider Posada on the way back.
But he already has A-Rod, so he could draft the best available player without having to worry about position scarcity.
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:49 pm

Andy1234 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:I disagree with taking them over Renteria. He is entering his prime and plays at a shallow position. I would grab him. 1B and OF are extremely deep this year. I would also strongly consider Posada on the way back.
But he already has A-Rod, so he could draft the best available player without having to worry about position scarcity.

True but I forgot to expand on that. He can always either wait the 15 games or get someone later like Cabrera, play him at 3B for a while, and then put him in the OF when A-Rod is eligible at 3B.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Madison » Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:41 am

I'd grab Renteria and Posada if both of them make it to you. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby nsulham » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:11 pm

bump
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:20 pm

Do you have big money riding on this or something?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby nsulham » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:25 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Do you have big money riding on this or something?

Not necessarily big money, just ultra-competitve. What's the use of playing if you don't want to win?

I just like getting as much advice as possible, never hurts to get different opinions.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Arlo » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:43 pm

I don't think there's one obvious solution here; several options seem pretty equal here. I'd most likely take the Renteria route rather than picking Chavez, but both are great options. The tricky part is the second player. Ordinarily, I'd go with a catcher here, but since you're going into the season with an edge on the competition, the safer outfielders are somewhat tempting... Nah, I'd probably still pick up a backstop. But with these options, it's all good. :-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DK » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:30 pm

I'd really want Santana in this situation-he'd be a great keeper. But you shouldn't get him with a 10th or 11th pick, and he's not getting to you at 30. Maybe attempt to trade some draft picks?
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby nsulham » Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:27 pm

Just figured I'd update y'all on how things went. Renteria got snagged at #3 so that changed my strategy but overall I'm pleased. Didn't really reach for anyone and I think I'm pretty steady across the board.

C- Pierzynski
1B- D. Lee
2B- Soriano
SS- A-Rod
3B- D. Young
OF- Beltran
OF- Berkman
OF- Huff
Util.- Kearns
B- Walker
B- Gibbons
B- Dunn
B- Lugo

SP- Prior
SP- Schilling
SP- Wolf
SP- W. Miller
SP- Clement
RP- Dotel
RP- Isringhausen
B- Peavy
B- E. Jackson
B- Sheets
B- F. Cordero

We're only allowed to start 2 RP. Personally the only change I'm thinking of making is picking up another catcher (R. Hernandez, Phillips available) to start over Pierzynski? Walker and Dunn I figure are good high reward guys. They're not going to start over any of my regular OF's and if they perform up to their capabilities they'll be good tradebait. Lugo's getting dropped for D. Jimeniz, wanted a decent middle-infield backup and forgot about Jimeniz.

Overall I think I did pretty well and barring injuries, should have a nice chance of defending my title.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers