Where to pick and what to do? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where to pick and what to do?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Where to pick and what to do?

Postby DaXMan » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:54 pm

I set up an 8-man fantasy baseball league with my friends.

First, for the number pick you get, I decided that we pick out of a hat and the first name picked chooses where they want to draft and it keeps going until everyone has a draft pick. In an 8-man league, what would be your rankings of where to pick from (like you would most want this pick and least want this pick", etc.)?

The one problem with this league is that there would be no time to host a 3-hour draft. No one wants to rank 200 players (25 X 8) either. We see each other in school, so do you guys have any ideas on how to get these teams made? Thanks.
DaXMan

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Re: Where to pick and what to do?

Postby xeifrank » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:13 pm

DaXMan wrote:I set up an 8-man fantasy baseball league with my friends.

First, for the number pick you get, I decided that we pick out of a hat and the first name picked chooses where they want to draft and it keeps going until everyone has a draft pick. In an 8-man league, what would be your rankings of where to pick from (like you would most want this pick and least want this pick", etc.)?

Well, my opinion is that in a casual league like this, it doesn't really matter. There will be plenty of bargains, or players slipping through the cracks. #1 or #2 would be nice so you could get arguably the two best fantasy players AROD or Pujols (this is assuming 5x5). Some people don't like drafting near the beginning or end, especially in serpantine/snake drafts because you have to wait a long time before it is your pick again. I think I'd still prefer the #1 or #2 pick.

The one problem with this league is that there would be no time to host a 3-hour draft. No one wants to rank 200 players (25 X 8) either. We see each other in school, so do you guys have any ideas on how to get these teams made? Thanks.

Well, you have a couple of options, you and your friends can weigh the good and bad of each.

1) Pre-rank on yahoo as many players as possible and let the computer auto pick for you after your list is depleted.

2) Draft over a couple of days, maybe doing 3 or 4 rounds during your lunch break or after school. (offline yahoo draft).

200 players isn't really that bad. I'm sure others have some good ideas.

vr,

Xeifrank
Author of: 2013 Mock Draft Software
Author of: Dodger Sims
Author of: The Sober Angels
Author of: Xei On Sports
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:15 pm

I like being on the ends. Since your league is so small, I would go for 1 or 2.

As for the draft, you can either do it a few rounds at a time on AIM or something like that or just set it up like the slow mocks here as long as you get going soon.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers