Prior out 5-10 days - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Prior out 5-10 days

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Prior out 5-10 days

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:24 pm

Inflamed achilles tendon. Probably not a big deal but things like that tend to linger.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby tlef316 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:27 pm

the cubs will be super cautious with Prior. they will shut him down for a while and he'll be fine for opening day.
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby red » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:27 pm

8-o
:-°
red
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Cow » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:57 pm

Wood is pitching opening day, LOL. You know why Wood is pitching opening day? Because he is a more dominant pitcher than Prior. Prior is overrated, I have no stats to back this up just my eyes.

COW
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Andy1234 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:06 pm

The Cow wrote:Wood is pitching opening day, LOL. You know why Wood is pitching opening day? Because he is a more dominant pitcher than Prior. Prior is overrated, I have no stats to back this up just my eyes.

COW
I am a Cubs fan and have seen Prior and Wood pitch on many occations, and I can't see how watching them pitch that you can say that Wood is more dominate? Wood can be more dominate than Prior but Prior does it much more consistantly than Wood.

With all that said it is Nice to have them both on the Cubs, both are fun to watch.
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mr.Cocky! » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:14 pm

Man those achilles problems can plague a guy for a long time. I know it is not a tear or anything, but this will problably flare up off and on all season. This should make Prior's fantasy value go down some, because he will miss some starts this year.
The best there is, was, or ever will be, it's me!
Mr.Cocky!
College Coach
College Coach

Postby KZOATCOHW » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:48 pm

Baker leaves his starters in longer than most, at least he has always done so. However, with Hawkins and Borowski, he might have the best pen he has ever had, including SF. Still, I think that prior is an injury risk, being so young and having throwing so many pitches.
KZOATCOHW
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby The Jury » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:01 pm

Achilles? Think Cliff Loyd 8-o Heh, I think he'll be alright though ;-D

Pitching will always be a PRIORity.

As for the secondary "Wood vs Prior" thing going on in here, Mark Prior is most dominating, trust guy! Wood can be more overpowering, but I compare Prior to Pedro now since Pedro lost a couple tacks on his fastball over the past years but he's got mad nasties like Prior. Wood don't really gotz the nasties he's more got the fire with a baby hook thrown in :-b
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DieHardCubbie » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:04 pm

Andy1234 wrote: Wood can be more dominate than Prior but Prior does it much more consistantly than Wood.

With all that said it is Nice to have them both on the Cubs, both are fun to watch.

I couldn't have said it better myself..... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Dude86 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:10 pm

Anyone for panicking and trading Prior now before this becomes a serious problem? All I know is that as a Prior owner when I saw the word "achilles" my heart stopped. But seriously would you trade him for Pedro straight up?
Dude86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers