King Felix hurt - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

King Felix hurt

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: King Felix hurt

Postby Philliebuster » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:19 pm

It was no where near intentional by Beltran, he slid directly over the plate. Felix's foot was in the way.

For the life of me though I do not see why Seattle allowed Felix to attempt a warmup pitch after the injury. The man could hardly walk, seemed to limp more after the pitch.

It looked like a bad ankle sprain, probably going to be very swollen tomorrow. Might be a 15 day DL stint, he's not going to be able to throw for a week or two.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DudeLaw » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:34 pm

via rotoworld.com...

Felix Hernandez was diagnosed with a sprained ankle after Carlos Beltran slid into him during Monday's game.
We might have a better idea after the game whether he'll miss any starts with the injury. The Mariners are already shorthanded in the rotation with Erik Bedard expected to miss his next start, so Rich Dorman could be called up.

Please be okay Felix!!! :-o
DudeLaw
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moozzy77 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:34 pm

it was his plant foot. i was watching the game when it happened (huge feee lie fan) and it looked really bad at first when he hit the ground rollin around. Replay showed that it was rolled over very quickly and then he hit his butt. He wasnt stepping down on it while it was rolled to add pressure which i think is a good thing. but they were FOOOOOLS to let him try to throw a practice pitch. im sure rototimes will blast the seattle organization again.
moozzy77
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pangbones » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:31 am

Great, I lose a player a week it seems. Ortiz, Konerko, Wainright, Marcum, and now Felix. Thank goodness Weeks came back yesterday! :-°

He's saying he's gonna make his next start, but I think it'd be in everyone's best interest to err on the side of caution. The Mariners were talking about maybe pushing him back a few days, but I'd guess they'll just DL him to play it safe.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)

Postby issaquah stud » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:41 am

I never pay attention when people say it was "their fault" someone got hurt cuz of trades...but check this out:
(Keep in mind I"m a huge Twins fan w/lots of twins players)
Dynasty league:
I give Carloz Gomez and A-Rod (plus a basketball rookie pick-Tri-Sport league) and get PUJOLS, CHIPPER, AND DICE-K--ALL HURT!
Next trade: I give Morneau and get BEDARD. HURT.
I start trade discussions involving Maeur and Felix and Felix gets HURT.

Guess this means that true loyalties should lie within your MLB team and not Fantasy.
1BPujolsHuff
2BWeeks
3BCabrera
SSPeralta
IFSoriano OFSizemoreAlouCocoRVlad
PRoyHMULDERCainMadduxVerlanderESCOBAR Liriano
RPNathanCoffeyPapelbonGagne
issaquah stud
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tah161 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:41 pm

Calm down guys. Felix says he dosent think he will even miss a start.

If he does it will be one at the most.
tah161
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby moozzy77 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:10 pm

looks like felix is guna miss his start sunday. Which he should because the only race seattle is in is for last place.
moozzy77
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pangbones » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:19 am

It sounds like Felix won't be starting on Tuesday as was previously reported. And he may end up on the DL, though if that happens, he's still most likely miss the minimum 15 days.

Per Seattle's website:

Felix Hernandez, who hurt his left ankle in his last start against the Mets in a collision at home plate, will not start against the Blue Jays on Tuesday according to manager Jim Riggleman.

"We're pretty sure it is going to be a combination of guys out of our bullpen," he said. "We know it's not going to be Felix. Depends on what happens out there today and tomorrow [in Seattle]."

"I wish I could tell you more about Felix [Hernandez] or even [Miguel] Batista, but I really don't have any information," Riggleman said. "It's basically when they come in every day and how they feel."

Hernandez is still a little gimpy from the sprained left ankle he injured during his start against the Mets last Tuesday night in New York and has been ruled out of a start on Tuesday night against the Blue Jays. Batista says his back is bothering him and he, too, is questionable.

Riggleman said that if neither Hernandez nor Batista are able to pitch on Tuesday, one of them could be placed on the 15-day disabled list and a replacement brought in from the Minor Leagues.

"It might be we don't need to do that," he said, "but if we get strapped, we may do it."

http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/news/ar ... p&c_id=sea
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates