My reyes sig - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Contests and Showing Off

My reyes sig

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

My reyes sig

Postby bpizle » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:32 pm

Kinda my first time doing a sports sig for the cafe, I normally do logos and whatnot. Just give me some advice, its in the sig. I tried to use a different border but it told me It was over the allowed bites.
bpizle
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My reyes sig

Postby NorthSider2 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:01 pm

Wow i really like this. Its really cool ;-D ;-D Good work
Thanks to soty for the sweet sig

Go Cubs
NorthSider2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:45 pm

i think ive given my thoughts about it in another thread, but i guess ill throw a few things out there now. i think the text is kinda sloppy. it doesnt look smooth and in my opinion takes away from the sig. normally, i like text to be as simple as possible, because it is rather hard to blend and look really nice. if you try to do too much with text without being perfect in its execution, it generally looks sloppy to me. the lighting is really good in the background, but it seems like the quality is really poor. id like to see the full version because you saved down to cafe limits actually.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

Postby bpizle » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:27 pm

Thats abuout as close to the original as i can get. In the original the lighting was a little sharper but thats the original border i was going to use.
bpizle
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:35 pm

still seems stretching causing a blurry/non sharp look. you have a lot of really good parts in this sig, but it still needs to be sharper. overall, pretty good. ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bpizle » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:46 pm

Snakes. Tell me what you think about this Maine siggy.. It didnt take as long as the Reyes but i tried some new techniques.. Lemme know, also open to others opinions... ;-D ( Its also sized down to fit cafe size )

bpizle
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:30 pm

bpizle wrote:Snakes. Tell me what you think about this Maine siggy.. It didnt take as long as the Reyes but i tried some new techniques.. Lemme know, also open to others opinions... ;-D ( Its also sized down to fit cafe size )

remember, if you're not using it in a sig, you dont need to cut it down.

i would bring maine over the yellow personally, and the text is good. i like the effect and everything, but maybe a different font? :-?

better. i would bring a better lighting/effect to maine personally, but thats just my style. it really all depends on your personal preference, but technique wise, i like this one better.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bpizle » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:36 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
bpizle wrote:Snakes. Tell me what you think about this Maine siggy.. It didnt take as long as the Reyes but i tried some new techniques.. Lemme know, also open to others opinions... ;-D ( Its also sized down to fit cafe size )

remember, if you're not using it in a sig, you dont need to cut it down.

i would bring maine over the yellow personally, and the text is good. i like the effect and everything, but maybe a different font? :-?

better. i would bring a better lighting/effect to maine personally, but thats just my style. it really all depends on your personal preference, but technique wise, i like this one better.

I know, i cut it down because i was going to put it as my sig, i was just getting an opinion on which 1 looks better.
bpizle
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Contests and Showing Off