Where can I improve? WHIR! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Where can I improve? WHIR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Where can I improve? WHIR!

Postby northjersey78 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:43 pm

Currently in 1st place, 10 team H2H Yahoo league - we have 18 scoring categories...

R, H, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS, IP, W, L, CG, SHO, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

C - Russell Martin
1B - Adrian Gonzalez
2B - Brian Roberts
3B - Alex Rodriguez
SS - Clint Barmes
OF - Ryan Braun
OF - Carlos Lee
OF - Hideki Matsui
UT - Corey Hart
BN - Jose Guillen
DL - Rafael Furcal

SP - Tim Lincecum
SP - Dan Haren
RP - Mariano Rivera
RP - Kerry Wood
P - Joakim Soria
P - Jose Valverde
BN - Javier Vazquez
BN - Joe Saunders
BN - Zack Greinke
BN - Ted Lilly

I almost feel like it's not broke, so why fix it...but I am always looking to improve. The back end of my rotation has been good, but I don't know if I am sold on them throughout the rest of the year. I was thinking of selling high on Adrian Gonzalez though at this point I don't even know if he will decline in the 2nd half.

Thoughts? WHIR.
http://www.newyorksportstown.com

Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, Rangers, Devils, Isanders, Knicks, Nets, Rutgers
northjersey78
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where can I improve? WHIR!

Postby Duke7684 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:37 pm

I guess it kind of depends what categories you are dominating in compared to what categories you are low in. I would probably start looking at my lowest category and see who I could pick up/trade for to bring it up to speed with the rest of your team. That said, your team looks solid, and I agree on Adrian Gonzalez, I don't think he will be as dominant second half but still solid. The only thing I would do is maybe try to pick up one more strong pitcher for your rotation. Haren had a bad second half last year and I don't trust Greinke at all.
Duke7684
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby healyja » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:58 am

Starting pitching is probably your only weakness and its not even that weak, and also short stop. Depending on how long furcal is out you may need to make a move for a SS becasue tulowitski is back and will take barmes job. I think its safe to save that your all set on saves and you should trade one of your closers for another ace or ss depending on the furcal situation. Once you have a good lead in saves there is no point in runnning away with the category because you can win it by 1 or 100 saves and it wont matter.

Please Help

viewtopic.php?t=353737
healyja
College Coach
College Coach

Postby northjersey78 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:01 am

Duke7684 wrote:I guess it kind of depends what categories you are dominating in compared to what categories you are low in. I would probably start looking at my lowest category and see who I could pick up/trade for to bring it up to speed with the rest of your team. That said, your team looks solid, and I agree on Adrian Gonzalez, I don't think he will be as dominant second half but still solid. The only thing I would do is maybe try to pick up one more strong pitcher for your rotation. Haren had a bad second half last year and I don't trust Greinke at all.

Going by pure stats, I am 1st or 2nd in every offensive category except runs (4th.)

Pitching I am 1st or 2nd in innings, wins, ERA, WHIP, saves strikeouts and 4th in losses. I am towards the bottom in complete games and shutouts, but those are basically wildcard categories.

I still feel like I should upgrade one of my starters beyond Lincecum and Haren. Maybe I will target a guy like Halladay who tends to cash in on a lot of complete games and try to gain a few points in those categories.
http://www.newyorksportstown.com

Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, Rangers, Devils, Isanders, Knicks, Nets, Rutgers
northjersey78
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team