Any Runners in here? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Any Runners in here?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Any Runners in here?

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:33 pm

Bwanna wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:No, that's the first I've heard of that. I can't imagine somebody doing that. Pretty stupid to be running in that heat pregnant. But I'm not really one to talk, I've kind of made myself sick with the dehydration. Taking today off work and still can't really walk down stairs. You still planning a marathon bwanna?

This is the second year I've registered for a fall marathon, and the second year I've had to drop back to a half due to injury. It will be my fourth half. Hopefully next year, possibly in the spring instead of the fall.


That's too bad. ARe you overtraining?
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 280)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: Any Runners in here?

Postby Bwanna » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:46 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Bwanna wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:No, that's the first I've heard of that. I can't imagine somebody doing that. Pretty stupid to be running in that heat pregnant. But I'm not really one to talk, I've kind of made myself sick with the dehydration. Taking today off work and still can't really walk down stairs. You still planning a marathon bwanna?

This is the second year I've registered for a fall marathon, and the second year I've had to drop back to a half due to injury. It will be my fourth half. Hopefully next year, possibly in the spring instead of the fall.


That's too bad. ARe you overtraining?


Yeah, that was my problem (again) this year. Got up to 50 mpw before I started my plan. I should have backed off a bit, but all systems were go so I pushed it just a bit too much.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st]
123Innings '08 [1st/1st], '09 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/4th], '12 [4th/2nd]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Cool 3.0 '08 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Posts: 5646
(Past Year: 262)
Joined: 27 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Any Runners in here?

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:53 pm

wow.
At my max I do a 35 km run on Sat and one-two short 8-10 km runs during the work. So at the max I do 55 km or about 35 miles per week.
imo 50 miles per week is way too much. You've got to do your weekend long runs but cut out the other ones.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 280)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: Any Runners in here?

Postby Bwanna » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:01 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:wow.
At my max I do a 35 km run on Sat and one-two short 8-10 km runs during the work. So at the max I do 55 km or about 35 miles per week.
imo 50 miles per week is way too much. You've got to do your weekend long runs but cut out the other ones.


Yup. I'm learning. ;D
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st]
123Innings '08 [1st/1st], '09 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/4th], '12 [4th/2nd]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Cool 3.0 '08 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Posts: 5646
(Past Year: 262)
Joined: 27 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Any Runners in here?

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:38 pm

got my post race massage today. Very uncomfortable. The entire hour I was just trying to not fart. !+)
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 280)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: Any Runners in here?

Postby Bwanna » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:51 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:got my post race massage today. Very uncomfortable. The entire hour I was just trying to not fart. !+)

I would have farted.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st]
123Innings '08 [1st/1st], '09 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/4th], '12 [4th/2nd]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Cool 3.0 '08 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Posts: 5646
(Past Year: 262)
Joined: 27 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Any Runners in here?

Postby Bwanna » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:14 pm

First trail race (not counting Warrior Dash) last weekend, was about 70% trail and the rest paved highway. Hilliest 13 miles I've ever experienced. Third in age group (of 15), 25th out of 69 overall (men):
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/152928535
Image
Image
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st]
123Innings '08 [1st/1st], '09 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/4th], '12 [4th/2nd]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Cool 3.0 '08 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Posts: 5646
(Past Year: 262)
Joined: 27 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Any Runners in here?

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:33 pm

Bwanna wrote:First trail race (not counting Warrior Dash) last weekend, was about 70% trail and the rest paved highway. Hilliest 13 miles I've ever experienced. Third in age group (of 15), 25th out of 69 overall (men):
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/152928535
Image
Image



Excellent ;-D
Trail running with elevation changes sure makes it harder. Are you Glenn or Brian?

btw - what Garmin do you have? I've got the 405 and I hate it. Battery dies after 2 hours and it needs to be rebooted constantly. Started using my old 205 for races and in chicago I just used a regular ironman. I think that I've had it with garmin. Going to try something new, anything else.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 280)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: Any Runners in here?

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:37 pm

Bwanna wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:got my post race massage today. Very uncomfortable. The entire hour I was just trying to not fart. !+)

I would have farted.

Got my first massage ever today and this was literally my identical experience. I spent the entire time trying not to fart...
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24815
(Past Year: 360)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Any Runners in here?

Postby kab21 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:57 am

I'm hopefully entered in my first race in a long time. I think it was the 2009 Tacoma half (1:47 with very little training). Of course the only training I'm doing now is 75km's of biking after work/wk and weekend hiking. I just don't have any time or energy.

The race if our group is successful in entering is the Taipei 101 in June. Basically you run to the top...
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 5333
(Past Year: 175)
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Aug. 27
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

St. Louis at Pittsburgh
(12:35 pm)
Texas at Seattle
(3:40 pm)
Tampa Bay at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
NY Yankees at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Atlanta at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at San Diego
(9:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Miami at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Colorado at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact