Young Pitchers HELP Matt Riley, Jeremy Affeldt, Cliff Lee et - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Young Pitchers HELP Matt Riley, Jeremy Affeldt, Cliff Lee et

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Young Pitchers HELP Matt Riley, Jeremy Affeldt, Cliff Lee et

Postby donmattingly » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:48 am

I always like drafting a young pitcher or two in my league because we draft about 60% of players on teams. I am in an AL only league and am looking at many young pitchers such as Matt Riley, Affeldt, and Cliff Lee. I have heard that Affeldt is over his blister problems and i believe he has a high ceiling. anybody know the latest work on whether he can sustain a starting job or what is his chance of being the closer is kc is? also i like matt riley, how well can he do in the majors and is his walks going to decrease, the same for cliff lee? any posts would be appreciated. thanks.
donmattingly

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby tool069c » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:07 pm

not so sure about riley and and affeldt, i think they might struggle this eyar. as for cliff lee, he pitched good last year in limited action and i think is a future #1, ide take cliff lee first. In my al-only draft lee went for 11$. affeldt was 5$ or so...riley was a buck. So ya, I like lee much more than the other 2...
tool069c
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers