Shaun Marcum placed on the DL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Shaun Marcum placed on the DL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Shaun Marcum placed on the DL

Postby pangbones » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:57 am

I apologize for my rant in my previous post! :-/

I got this from the Blue Jays website. http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080621&content_id=2976943&vkey=news_tor&fext=.jsp&c_id=tor

Following Marcum's start on Wednesday, Toronto sent the 26-year-old right-hander to Florida, where he was examined by team physician Dr. Steve Mirabello. The Blue Jays wanted to have Andrews evaluate Marcum to determine the extent of the injury.

"I know that they did an MRI, and Dr. Mirabello wasn't really, really concerned," Arnsberg said. "[Marcum] has been probably nursing it for a couple weeks now, where we knew there was a little something in there. But it never altered him from pitching or anything.


That's only a small part of the article, I just wanted to point out what Arnsberg said about his evaluation with Dr. Mirabello. :-? We'll see if this turns into another BJ Ryan incident!!
Image
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 4337
Joined: 8 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Lansing, MI

Re: Shaun Marcum placed on the DL

Postby KrunK » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:43 am

Hopefully it's nothing serious, Marcum has been one of my best pitchers next to Lackey and CC (as of late). It looks like he and Wainwright can throw a little DL party on that team. Luckily it's an 8 teamer and the pitching FA pool was very stout.
Image
Credit to smoovethug on the sig
KrunK
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 945
Joined: 5 May 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AZ

Re: Shaun Marcum placed on the DL

Postby bdrotoronto » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:14 am

pangbones wrote:The Blue Jays have become the New England Patriots of baseball.

Sure.. well, except for the championships, strong management, and general respect around the league.
You've got a diamond, You've got nine men
You've got a hat and a bat, And that's not all..
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1708
Joined: 10 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Shaun Marcum placed on the DL

Postby jdsun1 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:00 pm

pangbones wrote:I apologize for my rant in my previous post! :-/

I got this from the Blue Jays website. http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080621&content_id=2976943&vkey=news_tor&fext=.jsp&c_id=tor

Following Marcum's start on Wednesday, Toronto sent the 26-year-old right-hander to Florida, where he was examined by team physician Dr. Steve Mirabello. The Blue Jays wanted to have Andrews evaluate Marcum to determine the extent of the injury.

"I know that they did an MRI, and Dr. Mirabello wasn't really, really concerned," Arnsberg said. "[Marcum] has been probably nursing it for a couple weeks now, where we knew there was a little something in there. But it never altered him from pitching or anything.


That's only a small part of the article, I just wanted to point out what Arnsberg said about his evaluation with Dr. Mirabello. :-? We'll see if this turns into another BJ Ryan incident!!


Hard to believe he was pitching hurt for two weeks and this injury is going to be that big of a deal. Especially with how good he was pitching. I remain optimistic. :-)
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1075
Joined: 5 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Shaun Marcum placed on the DL

Postby pangbones » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:38 am

bdrotoronto wrote:
pangbones wrote:The Blue Jays have become the New England Patriots of baseball.

Sure.. well, except for the championships, strong management, and general respect around the league.


Errr, as far as injuries go that is. ;-)
Image
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 4337
Joined: 8 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Lansing, MI

Re: Shaun Marcum placed on the DL

Postby converge241 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:07 am

any updates yet

*chews fingernails* :-o :-o :-o
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3192
(Past Year: 100)
Joined: 19 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Shaun Marcum placed on the DL

Postby sliders51 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:42 pm

Not surpising that Marcum would have arm problems. He has horrible mechanics. Just take a look at chris oleary's website comparing him to other pitchers with similar mechanics. Prior, Wood, Burnett, Bonderman, Wainwright....these guys have all had a history of injuries.
Image
sliders51
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 371
Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: It works 60% of the time.....every time.

Re: Shaun Marcum placed on the DL

Postby jdsun1 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:08 pm

sliders51 wrote:Not surpising that Marcum would have arm problems. He has horrible mechanics. Just take a look at chris oleary's website comparing him to other pitchers with similar mechanics. Prior, Wood, Burnett, Bonderman, Wainwright....these guys have all had a history of injuries.


Hmmm Burnett, Bonderman, Wood and Wainwright all seem to be fairly healthy this year. I think this is obviously an isolated issue as that website is calling for shoulder injuries in which this is not. So I wouldn't put much stock into it at all.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1075
Joined: 5 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Shaun Marcum placed on the DL

Postby tmlfan4ever » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:18 am

pangbones wrote:Another Blue Jay "mystery" injury!! This came from frickin no where!! I'm stunned right now. Marcum's probably been the 4th or 5th best pitcher this year thus far, (and he'd be better than that if the pen wouldn't blow his wins all the time, or the offense would score a few runs for him). One minute he's dominating, and then he's on the DL and on his way to see Dr. Death!! :-t No hints of soreness, nothing at all about anything!! The Blue Jays have become the New England Patriots of baseball. The thing that ticks me off is that they are saying that it's been bothering him for a few weeks now. :-P :-P :-P :-P Marcum will have to find room next to Ortiz, Konerko, Weeks, and Wainright!! What looked like a promising season 4 weeks ago, now looks bleak at best.




New England patriots? Name one example other than the BJ Ryan situation last year where this is true?
Image
tmlfan4ever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 438
Joined: 2 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Shaun Marcum placed on the DL

Postby thatguy27 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:19 am

bdrotoronto wrote:
pangbones wrote:The Blue Jays have become the New England Patriots of baseball.

Sure.. well, except for the championships, strong management, and general respect around the league.


Sorry to continue the hijack, but I think you can go ahead and cross that last thing off the list.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 777
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 12 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Colorado

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 9:59 hours
(and 89 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact