Bedard out with a hurt back - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Bedard out with a hurt back

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Bedard out with a hurt back

Postby Inukchuk » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:38 pm

jdsun1 wrote:
wildbill wrote:It's been reported that's a distinct possibility. I would they want him to be healthy and pitch a few games before the trade deadline. Just a few weeks ago there seemed no chance he'd get traded, now the rhetoric seems to more along the line of they can't wait to run him out of town, possibly because he has the most trade value, even now, of anyone they would likely trade.

Yeah hes definitely gone. They couldn't be unhappier with how he has turned out for him and he will probably be much healthier and happier on a contender in the NL.

Bill, where has this been reported? Do you have a source?

jdsun, I can't see how he'd be healthier in the NL. Then he'd have to bat and run the bases... :-o
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:59 am

He's starting Sunday, per Rotowire...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

Postby soty » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:08 pm

Thanks for the heads up. ;-D
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Postby wildbill » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:20 pm

Inukchuk wrote:He's starting Sunday, per Rotowire...

Well he's not marked as starting in Yahoo and even today I keep reading conflicting reports about whether or not he's actually going to start. It may end up being a game day decision based on how he feels on Sunday. Really, it's in his best interests to pitch and pitch as well as he can so that a team in contention is more likely to trade for him and get him out of the hell that is Seattle 2008.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Inukchuk » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:36 pm

wildbill wrote:

Well he's not marked as starting in Yahoo.

Um, yes he is...

and even today I keep reading conflicting reports about whether or not he's actually going to start. It may end up being a game day decision based on how he feels on Sunday.

Not to sound like a jackass, but you keep giving these little updates, but you have yet to give a source. You may be right, but if I had a link, I'd be much more inclined to give you some credence.

Really, it's in his best interests to pitch and pitch as well as he can so that a team in contention is more likely to trade for him and get him out of the hell that is Seattle 2008.

Now on this we are in total agreement. ;-D
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wildbill » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:12 am

Inukchuk wrote:
wildbill wrote:

Well he's not marked as starting in Yahoo.

Um, yes he is...

Yes, he is now, but he wasn't when I posted 5+ hours before you. Did you not think of that possibility or did you just want to throw around the attitude? I mean serious why would I make something up that's so easy to check? I guess you just wanted to throw a sucker punch my way for some reason.

Inukchuk wrote:
and even today I keep reading conflicting reports about whether or not he's actually going to start. It may end up being a game day decision based on how he feels on Sunday.

Not to sound like a jackass, but you keep giving these little updates, but you have yet to give a source. You may be right, but if I had a link, I'd be much more inclined to give you some credence.

While occasionally other places it's mainly Rotoworld and ESPN where I read these things. On ESPN it could be anywhere in the fantasy baseball section: chats, articles, ESPN writer blogs, etc. That includes ESPN Insider stuff as well. In this case it was somewhere on ESPN but if you want me to go search through all that forget it. I'm not going to spend 15-20 minutes or more searching through all that to find references I read several hours before because I'm usually not going to remember the specific location because I read a good bit of stuff most days. A few minutes to maybe even half and hour ago I can usually remember where though. Saying ESPN isn't really any better then saying nothing if I can't remember which article, chat, whatever to point you to. Not IMO anyway. However, I don't post this kind of information if I haven't read it on some reputable site even if I can't remember exactly where. If it's a gut feeling or my opinion as opposed to something I read on a site like those you'll definitely be able to tell the difference.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Inukchuk » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:31 am

Yeesh, you are one angry man.

I didn't intend on throwing a sucker punch your way, and if your jaw and/or genitals are sore from it (depending on where said sucker puch landed), I apologize profusely.

As far as the "leave a source" thing goes, I just find it nice to be able to peruse the actual place where a lot of this info comes from, especially when it pertains to the china doll of my pitching staff, a Mr Erik Bedard.

So cheer up, buckaroo! Jesus loves ya!
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wildbill » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:58 am

Inukchuk wrote:Yeesh, you are one angry man.

I didn't intend on throwing a sucker punch your way, and if your jaw and/or genitals are sore from it (depending on where said sucker puch landed), I apologize profusely.

As far as the "leave a source" thing goes, I just find it nice to be able to peruse the actual place where a lot of this info comes from, especially when it pertains to the china doll of my pitching staff, a Mr Erik Bedard.

So cheer up, buckaroo! Jesus loves ya!

Well I drafted and still have Bedard and Wainwright. I also drafted and disposed of long ago Myers, Hill, and Gallardo. That right there is my top 5 drafted SP. Now you can understand why I turn green. ;-)
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Inukchuk » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:50 am

I feel your pain. I also had Gallardo, and was very high on Phil Hughes to start the season... !+)
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates