lineup deadline rule - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

lineup deadline rule

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

lineup deadline rule

Postby kfix19 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:46 pm

Being the Commish, I believe in the rules of the league and that is that. What is your opinion in this matter.

The CBS league has a "set lineup" deadline for 30 min. prior to the first MLB game of the scoring period. An owner called me 5 minutes after the deadline asking to change his lineup because a player of his was going to be in the lineup that day (even though we are a weekly head-to-head league).

I don't think this should be allowed. If I do it for him, I would need to do it for everyone. This would make matters of being the Commish even more frustrating. I believe in the owner needing to make up his mind BEFORE the deadline.

How leniant are you to your owners? Not a huge money league, but playing for a good amount none the less.
kfix19
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: lineup deadline rule

Postby noseeum » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:38 pm

I do these as commish in my CBS league. I believe the goal of having each owner field a competitive team each week is more important than the 30 minute rule. If the first game has started already, I won't do it, but if it's 25 minutes before the first game I will.

It doesn't happen often enough to be a pain, and I'd rather the owner field the best team he can.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: lineup deadline rule

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:28 am

noseeum wrote:I do these as commish in my CBS league. I believe the goal of having each owner field a competitive team each week is more important than the 30 minute rule. If the first game has started already, I won't do it, but if it's 25 minutes before the first game I will.

It doesn't happen often enough to be a pain, and I'd rather the owner field the best team he can.

Agree 100%. I tell the guys in my league that any last minute change needs to be called/emailed to me before the start of the first game and Ill make it right. (weekly league)

Happens once every couple weeks or so, not enough to be a big deal. Some of the guys forget to set their lineup that morning and realize they need to make a change later in the day. Not everyone has internet access all day/every day. It also happens during the summer, someone on vacation can hear about an injury and tell me to flop a player on their roster for that week and Ill do it. I wont pick up FA but Ill change his starter at his request.

Last year a buddy called me from a cruise in the middle of the Med to bench someone.
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Commissioner's Corner