I pick next in a points league draft....help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I pick next in a points league draft....help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I picked

Postby trebor67 » Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:23 pm

For my picks I took Beltre and Gonzalez.

Thanks for the input, guys.
trebor67
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Run Luis Run » Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:44 pm

i myself would have went with aramis and hampton, but you never know. good luck.
Run Luis Run
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

further info

Postby trebor67 » Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:47 pm

What I didn't say in my original email was that my other pitchers are Oswalt, Mulder, D. Wells, F. Garcia and (now) K. Benson. So I feel pretty good about my starters.

I finally decided that I could wait and take someone like Graves, Lackey, Santana or Armas, Jr. later so I bit the bullet on Gonzalez.

Beltre strikes out less than Aramis, so if he can put it together a little bit, he'll get more points.

Thanks again.
trebor67
College Coach
College Coach

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:11 am

wrveres wrote::-B El Duque? are you nuts. He is not facing the Rays and Jays anymore. He is on the wrong side of a Strong Division. He doesn't have Posada, Soriano, Jeter and Bernie up the middle any more. He will win 8-9 with an era around 4.50. You should be able to Pickup 8-9 wins later in the draft. Grab Aramis and Jaun. I read somewhere recently that Jaun has decided to play this year. Is this a contract year for him? hmmm gotta go

Taking Juan and a 3b the right move. However, of those 3 sp, ElDuque i think will be ok. Hes going to face hitters who havent seen his arm angles, his strong point. He no longer faces a dh. Btw, not facing TB and Toronto might be a plus, he was 2-2 versus TB, 1-2 versus Toronto.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers