WAKA - World Adult Kickball Association - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

WAKA - World Adult Kickball Association

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: WAKA - World Adult Kickball Association

Postby Old_Style » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:22 pm

I never thought there was such a thing.
I imagine most of the guys playing this game are like the Mr. Overly Competitive Touch Football Game Player, described in the Bud Light: Real Men of Genius radio commercial.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby flloyd » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:27 pm

Kickball is really big here in DC. There are even two leagues and they're (the leagues) competitive enough that WAKA is suing the other league! I never played it but most people I talked to enjoyed it a lot. Some people are competitive and other are just there for friends, girls, beer, etc.
flloyd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby flloyd » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:27 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:The league I'm gonna be playing with is sanctioned by the city and not the official WAKA, but I think we're using all of WAKA's rules and I know we're using the official WAKA ball. I just can't wait to peg someone and knock them over.

Like I said above, they better be careful or they're going to get sued by WAKA. ;-)
flloyd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:31 pm

flloyd wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:The league I'm gonna be playing with is sanctioned by the city and not the official WAKA, but I think we're using all of WAKA's rules and I know we're using the official WAKA ball. I just can't wait to peg someone and knock them over.

Like I said above, they better be careful or they're going to get sued by WAKA. ;-)

lol, well I don't think that WAKA invented kickball, so I'm not sure what grounds they have to sue. Can MLB sue WAKA for ripping off most of baseball's rules then?
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:15 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:
flloyd wrote:

lol, well I don't think that WAKA invented kickball, so I'm not sure what grounds they have to sue. Can MLB sue WAKA for ripping off most of baseball's rules then?

LMAO that's funny. Apparently kickball is a serious business.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:37 pm

KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flloyd » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:11 am

KCollins1304 wrote:
flloyd wrote:

Well rules can be copyrighted, so they can't be copied, although they can be similar.

Also, although not the case in this instance, sports can be patented!

"In 1990, Foster was awarded a patent for arena football and the equipment unique to it—the only known instance of a game being patented anywhere in the world. This means that other indoor football leagues must play under significantly different rules; the patent, however, expired on September 30, 2007, opening the door to other indoor football leagues using such rules under Foster's old patent."
flloyd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:15 pm

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby flloyd » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:22 pm

Geez, I pointed it out because it is interesting/funny.
flloyd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Simulacrum » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:32 pm

Somewhere in Canada, Mookie's igloo is starting to melt from the steam coming out of his ears. :-b
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Previous

Return to General Talk