WAKA - World Adult Kickball Association - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

WAKA - World Adult Kickball Association

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

WAKA - World Adult Kickball Association

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:33 am

Anyone playing competitive kickball? It used to be all the rave during recess when I was in elementary school. The Parks & Rec in Roanoke, VA is starting a kickball league here in a couple weeks. It seems like kickball has been gaining a lot of interest over the last couple years. I'm gonna buy an official WAKA ball today at Dick's so a couple friends and I can go take some KP later tonight.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: WAKA - World Adult Kickball Association

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:48 am

As a former soccer goalkeeper, I feel this may be my true calling in life... kicking... catching... running... win.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby Phatferd » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:49 am

Actually ACS is in a kickball league and he emailed me the info for WAKA so I could join a league around me. Since my fiance walked out on me I have been really bored and finding things to keep me busy and I think this will be a lot of fun. Do you know how many games they play a season and all of that jazz? For $60-70, I think it sounds like a great thing.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:01 pm

A former co-worker of mine urged me to join a WAKA kickball league with her, but thought it was all folly. The only plus side I could think of was free beer after the games. I never joined, but I was there for the free beer.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Phatferd » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:04 pm

Why do you get free beer? Sponsored by a bar?
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:08 pm

Phatferd wrote:Why do you get free beer? Sponsored by a bar?

Nah, a few guys on the team were generous enough to open up a tab at their local bar for their teammates as well as friends and family that came out to support them.

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:21 pm

The league I'm gonna be playing with is sanctioned by the city and not the official WAKA, but I think we're using all of WAKA's rules and I know we're using the official WAKA ball. I just can't wait to peg someone and knock them over.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:07 pm

Holy crap this is awesome. There's a league that plays about a mile from my office. And I used to dominate kickball back in high school PE. B-)
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:09 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:Holy crap this is awesome. There's a league that plays about a mile from my office. And I used to dominate kickball back in high school PE. B-)

Lucky, kickball began and ended in elementary school for me and sockball was more popular than kickball back then.

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:14 pm

I just picked up my official WAKA ball. It's a lot bigger than I remember playing with. The circumference is like 32 inches, it's soft enough that you can hold it in one hand though.
Last edited by KCollins1304 on Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk