Shilling done for year and probably career - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Shilling done for year and probably career

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Shilling done for year and probably career

Postby acsguitar » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:58 pm

Well Schilling is a HOF'er IMO but I still hate him for being a republican and a redsox.

However, this is almost worse because now he'll probably get a job as a politician or an announcer ugh. Schilling talking = puke
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Re: Shilling done for year and probably career

Postby DaShiz23 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:46 am

Whether you like him or not, he has been entertaining. I also believe him to be a HOFer, and there are still a handful of other guys who are much worse in the booth/on TV, than him. Sad to see ya go out this way.
Image
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3412
(Past Year: 67)
Joined: 3 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Don't call it a comeback.

Re: Shilling done for year and probably career

Postby Grounded Polo » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:49 am

Yoda wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:I think Sox fans remember him much more fondly than the rest of us, no offense...

Yeah, he was an amazing pitcher, but that doesn't mean I have to be sad to see him go.


Yep the ole red paint on the sock certainly helped him out.


I'm pretty sure it was ketchup like ESPN said because they are all knowing in all sports. :-o
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6584
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 11 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Shilling done for year and probably career

Postby dweenmachine » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:14 am

Schilling may be done for the year, but maybe not his career... We could see him again in 09 8-o
Rotoworld:
No major rotator cuff damage was found during Curt Schilling's shoulder surgery on Monday, but he did have his labrum repaired along with his biceps tendon injury.

"The status of the rotator cuff was much better than was predicted," Dr. Craig Morgan said. "He did have disease in the biceps tendon, that was his major problem. We transferred the biceps tendon." Schilling will need about four months off before he can resume throwing. He has yet to comment on whether he plans to attempt a comeback in 2009.
dweenmachine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 490
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Gold Coast

Re: Shilling done for year and probably career

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:31 am

dweenmachine wrote:Schilling may be done for the year, but maybe not his career... We could see him again in 09 8-o
Rotoworld:
No major rotator cuff damage was found during Curt Schilling's shoulder surgery on Monday, but he did have his labrum repaired along with his biceps tendon injury.

"The status of the rotator cuff was much better than was predicted," Dr. Craig Morgan said. "He did have disease in the biceps tendon, that was his major problem. We transferred the biceps tendon." Schilling will need about four months off before he can resume throwing. He has yet to comment on whether he plans to attempt a comeback in 2009.


Woohoo! ;-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11363
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Shilling done for year and probably career

Postby KCollins1304 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:57 am

AussieDodger wrote:
dweenmachine wrote:Schilling may be done for the year, but maybe not his career... We could see him again in 09 8-o
Rotoworld:
No major rotator cuff damage was found during Curt Schilling's shoulder surgery on Monday, but he did have his labrum repaired along with his biceps tendon injury.

"The status of the rotator cuff was much better than was predicted," Dr. Craig Morgan said. "He did have disease in the biceps tendon, that was his major problem. We transferred the biceps tendon." Schilling will need about four months off before he can resume throwing. He has yet to comment on whether he plans to attempt a comeback in 2009.


Woohoo! ;-D


Maybe he can put some ketchup packets around his shoulder for his comeback. ;-7
Image
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5089
Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Shilling done for year and probably career

Postby NorthSider2 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:42 am

Its weird seeing all these older pitchers finally retiring from there amazing careers. Him and Smoltz going down this year. Growing up watching and now they're not pitching is going to be weird. Is there any chance that he could make a comeback?
Image
Thanks to soty for the sweet sig

Go Cubs
NorthSider2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 356
Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wrigley Field

Re: Shilling done for year and probably career

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:27 am

Schilling has had a fine career, but the only things that really separate him from a handful of other very good, but not great pitchers of his generation are his exposure off the field and the cool-aid sock game.
Image
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5265
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Shilling done for year and probably career

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:37 am

Art Vandelay wrote:and the cool-aid sock game.


Bah :-t
Give him a break.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11363
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Shilling done for year and probably career

Postby KCollins1304 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:55 am

AussieDodger wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:and the cool-aid sock game.


Bah :-t
Give him a break.


Seriously, it was ketchup, not kool-aid
Image
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5089
Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlotte, NC

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 15:41 hours
(and 96 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact