I would be soo offensive in Kent England - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I would be soo offensive in Kent England

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: I would be soo offensive in Kent England

Postby AussieDodger » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:01 am

chris8 wrote:
Madison wrote:Wow.... 8-o Remind me to never visit there. :-o

You're lucky, I have to live here! (Not where the council itself is, but in Kent. FYI for those who don't know - Kent is a county - kind of equivalent to a state in the US - Tunbridge Wells is a town in Kent).

This ridiculous "political correctness" is pervading the whole of our society here in England. So much so that I wasn't at all surprised to see this headline.

It all started a few years back when some stupid council decided to rename Christmas "Winterval", to avoid offending people of non-Christian faiths. Of course, they didn't actually consult any of those faiths, all of whom said that they thought it was a stupid thing to do! But now it seems to be everywhere - this is just the latest example of many ridiculous things done in the name of 'diversity'.

It just makes me want to attend one of their council meetings and say, "let's have a brainstorming session"...

Sounds like New Zealand. P.C gone crazy that gets pushed on everyone.
NZ also has the added bonus of the government giving millions upon millions of dollars to one particular minority for something that happened 168 years ago that they have already paid for six dozen times. Which that particular minority drinks away and buys a prominent sporting team that they send to the brink of bankruptcy/oblivion.

Proud of my nationality, but sooo happy I don't live there anymore. ;-D
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 143)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chris8 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:14 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:
You live in Kent? Where? I've been there a couple of times to see Dover and Canterbury. It's a rather dull county, but then again I find Essex dull too, just because it seems to me there's not enough development going on in Essex than there is in Kent (at least in the parts of Kent just East of London).

I live in a town called Biggin Hill (most well-known for it's Air Festival and the role the Airbase played in WW2). It's part of Greater London but also just sneaks into Kent!

I actually like it here - we've got the countryside all around, so very little noise/pollution, but it's easy to get into the city from here as well.

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Do they let their kids play tag at recess?

That opens up a whole new can of worms! Short, cryptic answer - yes, as long as it's not with conkers... :-B
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 135)

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:33 am

chris8 wrote:

You're lucky, I have to live here! (Not where the council itself is, but in Kent. FYI for those who don't know - Kent is a county - kind of equivalent to a state in the US - Tunbridge Wells is a town in Kent).

This ridiculous "political correctness" is pervading the whole of our society here in England. So much so that I wasn't at all surprised to see this headline.

It all started a few years back when some stupid council decided to rename Christmas "Winterval", to avoid offending people of non-Christian faiths. Of course, they didn't actually consult any of those faiths, all of whom said that they thought it was a stupid thing to do! But now it seems to be everywhere - this is just the latest example of many ridiculous things done in the name of 'diversity'.

It just makes me want to attend one of their council meetings and say, "let's have a brainstorming session"...

What that place needs is some smart no-nonsense preacher to take to the pulpit and talk some sense to these people. ;-)
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby chris8 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:06 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
chris8 wrote:

What that place needs is some smart no-nonsense preacher to take to the pulpit and talk some sense to these people. ;-)

Sounds good...you got anyone in mind...? :-? :-]
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 135)

Previous

Return to General Talk