Players who have been cancers to your fantasy teams - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Players who have been cancers to your fantasy teams

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Players who have been cancers to your fantasy teams

Postby horatio » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:08 pm

Harang sucks, I drafted him on all 3 of my teams this year. I'd like to give him a one way ticket for a flight aboard the Getda'F'oudahea express but I keep thinking he might turn it around. Just taking up bench space now.
horatio
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cooner » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:59 pm

my 5th pitcher slot in an NL only is killing me. I've had Ollie Perez, Mike Pelfrey, Micah Owings, and Scott Olsen in there at varying times... all have had great games on my bench and blown up while in my lineup. Warning you now... don't expect Pelfrey to keep throwing this way for the Mets (I just slipped him into the lineup this week).
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thejusman1 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:43 pm

Harang's been terrible for me. So has Francoeur.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Grounded Polo » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:59 pm

Cooner wrote:my 5th pitcher slot in an NL only is killing me. I've had Ollie Perez, Mike Pelfrey, Micah Owings, and Scott Olsen in there at varying times... all have had great games on my bench and blown up while in my lineup. Warning you now... don't expect Pelfrey to keep throwing this way for the Mets (I just slipped him into the lineup this week).

I have the worst splits with AJ Burnett on my bench and in my lineup:

AJ on my bench: 61 IP 6 W 58 K 2.95 ERA 1.29 WHIP

AJ in my lineup: 52.1 IP 2 W 53 K 7.22 ERA 1.72 WHIP

It's just ridiculous. ;-7

I haven't started him in a month, I'll finally letting him start because he usually pitches shutouts after getting destroyed.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:24 pm

Ricky Davis and Stephon Marbury
JasonSeahorn Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby quitesanemax » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:57 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:
Cooner wrote:my 5th pitcher slot in an NL only is killing me. I've had Ollie Perez, Mike Pelfrey, Micah Owings, and Scott Olsen in there at varying times... all have had great games on my bench and blown up while in my lineup. Warning you now... don't expect Pelfrey to keep throwing this way for the Mets (I just slipped him into the lineup this week).

I have the worst splits with AJ Burnett on my bench and in my lineup:

AJ on my bench: 61 IP 6 W 58 K 2.95 ERA 1.29 WHIP

AJ in my lineup: 52.1 IP 2 W 53 K 7.22 ERA 1.72 WHIP

It's just ridiculous. ;-7

I haven't started him in a month, I'll finally letting him start because he usually pitches shutouts after getting destroyed.

Hopefully everyone else who owns Burnett took a look at those stats up above, and decided to bench him tonight. Lol. (Sorry to get a laugh out of your misfortune, I just couldn't resist that zinger.)

Two people in my league have dropped Harang, and I still picked him up... figured he was going to bounce back. Hes been the cancer on my team since then, although I have figured out, at least, not to start him on the road, so he doesn't kill my team all that much anymore... still, there are plenty of spot starters out there that I can start at home and get good results out of. I'm about to become the 3rd person in my league to drop him. Someone else can deal with it. Lol.

I still have Konerko... everyone keeps telling me hes a great 2nd half player.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kab21 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:39 am

Players that were cancers on my team (20 owners): 197 ABs of Billy Butler and 174 AB's of Freddy Sanchez (my hands were tied on this one until E Gonzalez and Barmes came along)

Sheffield also has 77 unimpressive AB's with Ronnie Belliard contributing 42 AB's of pure crap, but I only consider a cancer someone that has actually played a considerable amount.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Postby Marvelous Merv » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:29 am

For years now Aubrey Huff has been a player that I haven't been able to touch without having him go ice cold. Although he is having (apparently) a stellar year this year I won't touch him.
Marvelous Merv
College Coach
College Coach

Postby otp73 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:30 am

Where do I begin???

Bedard
Rios (until the last week or so)

I'll leave it there.
otp73
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Grounded Polo » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:34 am

quitesanemax wrote:Hopefully everyone else who owns Burnett took a look at those stats up above, and decided to bench him tonight. Lol. (Sorry to get a laugh out of your misfortune, I just couldn't resist that zinger.)

Two people in my league have dropped Harang, and I still picked him up... figured he was going to bounce back. Hes been the cancer on my team since then, although I have figured out, at least, not to start him on the road, so he doesn't kill my team all that much anymore... still, there are plenty of spot starters out there that I can start at home and get good results out of. I'm about to become the 3rd person in my league to drop him. Someone else can deal with it. Lol.

I still have Konerko... everyone keeps telling me hes a great 2nd half player.

Yeah, I was getting excited when he was pitching great, then saw he gave up 2 runs and knew it was all over. When AJ has a bad inning, he goes all the way. Now he's on waivers because Felix is coming off the DL anyway.

Final line:

57.2 IP 3 W 60 K 7.65 ERA 1.73 WHIP

;-7
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers