100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Coldplay's New CD

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Coldplay's New CD

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:36 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:Metallica is about as hard as I go, I have nothing against harder rock but screaming gets on my nerves really easy and most bands harder than metallica screams, a lot. And bands that just seems angry to be angry that people around me like(notably Disturbed) just bugs the hell out of me.

And oh, men that are in touch with their feelings, you mean like this? :-D

Edit: NSFW, some cussing there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

I hated it too when I was a novice to european extreme metal but after awhile, it grew on me and now, it's really what makes it work.

If you following along with the lyrics, you'd be surprised at how what you thought was inaudible nonsense suddenly has a very crisp delivery. Since Simulacrum mentioned their name, Meshuggah is a pretty good example of this phenomenon. :-B

Oh, it's just the screaming that gets on my nerves. The whole I don't understand what the hell the lyrics means factor don't bother me too much. After all, Pearl Jam is one of my favorite band and after X listens of Yellow Ledbetter, I still haven't the slightest clue what's going on. I respect all different kind of metal, it's just not for me most of the time. But when I get angry or frustrated, I've found that metal really calm me down. But for general listen, it just gets a bit too intense for this relaxing person here :-D . Don't get me wrong, it's not like I just listen to elevator musics here. But I do enjoy a good melody. And you'll probably disagree with me on this, but I think the Arcade Fire can be intense music even though it's not hard.

Seriously. I mean why would you want to listen to inaudible lyrics when you could pop on...

YOUUUUUUUUU... ARRRRRRRREEEEEEE..... YOUUUUUUUU..... ARRRREEEEEE O:-)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 361)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Coldplay's New CD

Postby Mugrila » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:13 pm

So I just picked up the CD and I'm not that impressed. A few decent songs but overall not as good as the others imo. Maybe it'll grow on me as I listen to it again.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk