Coldplay's New CD - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Coldplay's New CD

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Coldplay's New CD

Postby Simulacrum » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:35 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:just curious Sim, what do you listen to?

and don't worry, my testicles are in a safe back home, and I'm not interested in your mom, your sister on the other hand...

Hey, my music's terrible too- it's just not Coldplay :-)

I like a lot of different stuff. Right now I'm really hung up on 90's death metal- Slayer, Death, Obituary. :-b But I listen to the whole spectrum of music- so far this morning I've listened to Modest Mouse, Meshuggah, and the Postal Service.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:47 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
statsman88 wrote:When Coldplay first came out, they were awesome to everybody. Now that they are huge, they are "lame and gay".

I'm not up to date with music trends, but I'd argue Coldplay are just as raved about now as they were when they debuted. The only difference is you have more college-age hipsters becoming a fan, snooty enough to the point where other hipsters are looking towards indie rock as if they've discovered Shangri-La. Musically speaking, Coldplay is OK, but they don't hold a candle to the Stone Roses when you're talking about British pop rock. Of course, Coldplay has nothing, absolutely nothing compared to Motorhead. B-)

Stone Roses' debut is one of the very few CDs(Arcade Fire's funeral, Boston's debut comes to mind) where I can listen to the whole thing and enjoy (close to) every songs(don't stop isn't terribly interesting, I'm sorry). But as is the case with the 2 other band listed, their 2nd album while still pretty good, is a huge disappointment compare to the first. And I like Second Coming and Neon Bible. Not so much Don't Look back
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:49 pm

Simulacrum wrote:

and don't worry, my testicles are in a safe back home, and I'm not interested in your mom, your sister on the other hand...

I like a lot of different stuff. Right now I'm really hung up on 90's death metal- Slayer, Death, Obituary. :-b But I listen to the whole spectrum of music- so far this morning I've listened to Modest Mouse, Meshuggah, and the Postal Service.

I really don't want to hear that Coldplay listeners are gay from a guy that listen to Postal Service :-D I like them too, but man, they have about as much spine if not less than Coldplay :-B
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby statsman88 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:21 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:

I really don't want to hear that Coldplay listeners are gay from a guy that listen to Postal Service :-D I like them too, but man, they have about as much spine if not less than Coldplay :-B

postal service is alright to listen to just cuz they are indie and no many know about them, but since Coldplay is huge you are gay if you listen to them. I guess thats just how the system works
"Let's Keep The Friendly Confines Friendly" - Ernie Banks
statsman88
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby NorthSider2 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:08 pm

I really like their new CD. I always enjoyed listening to them but then when this CD came out i listen to it all the time. I put a copy of it the car. Some songs are really mellow but i really like Viva La Vida, Violet Hill, and Lost!
Thanks to soty for the sweet sig

Go Cubs
NorthSider2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tuff_gong » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:20 pm

It's okay, but I don't think they will ever make anything as good as Parachutes.

But speaking of new music AND great debut cd's, no need to look any further than

I recommend it! ;-D

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:29 pm

bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:41 am

really curious as to what h0rt listens to :-?

if the answer is anything short of death metal.. :-?
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby thedude » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:08 am

Simulacrum wrote:

To me the people who listen to Indie are even worse than the people who listen to Coldplay. They are the annoying elitist race car drivers, who are trying to be different than the mainstream race car drivers because it makes them feel special.

I'll just patiently await the arrival of Lil Wayne and T-Pain's collaborative project.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:44 am

PlayingWithFire wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:

I wouldn't consider the postal service "indie"... but my wife dug them up somewhere and I just happen to like them. The guy's got a really cool voice.

Truth to be told, I don't really have anything against Coldplay. I was bagging on you because A) Coldplay are annoyingly popular (particularly with the ladies and guys who are really, really in touch with their feelings) B) That "it was all yellow" song bugs the heck out of me, and C) You're Poo... I mean, PWF! ;-)

So what's the heaviest band you listen to, Poo? ( :-D )
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk