Is there any reason for this behavior? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Is there any reason for this behavior?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is there any reason for this behavior?

Postby JeebusMcC » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:37 am

So I'm in a Yahoo league and the commissioner had offered a trade to another player where he got Helton, Peavy, and Harden for Braun, E. Santana, and Wainwright and it got vetoed. I personally did not veto it, but now myself and another player have a deal set up where I get Holliday, Mi. Cabrera, and Renteria and give him Morneau, Atkins, Kemp, and Owings. The commissioner has said that since he feels this is more lopsided than his deal, even if it does go through he will cancel the trade and readjust the teams.

If it does go through and this happens, should I bail on the league? Yahoo will not step in for custom leagues.
JeebusMcC
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is there any reason for this behavior?

Postby Snoochie Boochies » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:09 am

This is my issue with yahoo customs as well. Although i think its great a comish can edit a roster to change lineups for a manager if need be, but i dont believe there is any reason a comish should be able to drop players off other peoples teams. If he is concerned with trades, he should just set it to comish veto for trades, and if you are in a good league, and the vote passes, the comish should not have any say.
Snoochie Boochies
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Merlin401 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:54 am

Lol, who was supposed to be the winner in the commish's original trade? I have no idea.

I dont think your deal is veto-able either but given your league it probably will be. That one is at least obvious who the winner is when you're getting two first round draft picks for an assortment of lesser players. If that one goes through I can see why the commish would be pissed off quite honestly, though it really doesnt really justify what he is going to do.
Merlin401
College Coach
College Coach

Postby noseeum » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:21 am

I would email the commish privately first and say the rules don't give him any right to override the results of a vote. You opted to email him privately so as not to force a heated argument on the message board. Despite the website allowing the commish to make roster changes on other people's teams, the league never granted him the power to use it to override trade votes. If he overturns the deal, he's over stepping his bounds, and you will recommend to the rest of the league that he be removed as commish and replaced with someone who will follow the rules.

And if that doesn't happen, you will quit the league.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Matthias » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:31 am

noseeum wrote:I would email the commish privately first and say the rules don't give him any right to override the results of a vote. You opted to email him privately so as not to force a heated argument on the message board. Despite the website allowing the commish to make roster changes on other people's teams, the league never granted him the power to use it to override trade votes. If he overturns the deal, he's over stepping his bounds, and you will recommend to the rest of the league that he be removed as commish and replaced with someone who will follow the rules.

And if that doesn't happen, you will quit the league.

Solid advice.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Commissioner's Corner