RedHopeful wrote:Rasmus hasn't even been the best OF in Memphis. Nick Stavinoha is having a very fine year and deserves a shot as well...
I hate to be a pain, but there is no way Stavinoha will be an impact call up. Oh he may come up and do well for a while, at some point. But impact in 2008? Long term impact? I doubt it.
1) As I posted earlier, the Cards outfield is crowded, hard for anyone in St. Louis to find ABs there until there is a trade/injury.
2) If they do make playing time in St. Louis OF, they will do it for Rasmus, one of the top prospects in all baseball. Stravinoha is having a good year, but is not
a top prospect
Some notes on Stavinoha:
- not in anyones preseason top 10 St. Louis prospect list
- Is 26 years old. Typically long term impact players are in the MLB in their early 20s.
- Is indeed batting .349 AAA, but other indicators show he is playing over his head. In AAA last year he hit .261.
- has only 11 walks in 276 plate appearances this year.
I think Stavinoha is a one year wonder. Ceiling of reserve OF in the majors, more likely a journeyman AAAA player.