Next Impact Call Up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Next Impact Call Up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Next Impact Call Up

Postby dorje3 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:12 pm

Well it doesn't look like it will be Scherzer:

Jun 20 Jack Magruder, of the East Valley Tribune, reports the Arizona Diamondbacks placed P Max Scherzer (undisclosed) on the 15-day disabled list Friday, June 20, due to undisclosed reasons. He was roughed up Friday, June 13, with Triple-A Tucson, giving up five runs and four hits while walking three in 2 1/3 innings.
dorje3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:36 pm

Yanks_Baby wrote:Anyone think Brewers will ever consider moving Braun back to SS with Hardy way underperforming, trading away Hardy, putting Gamel at Third, and LaPorta at LF where Braun was. It'll solve the problem of both under performers, Hall and Hardy.

Lord, no. Braun was terrible defensively at 3B. He'd be an even bigger liability at SS. In addition, Gamel is pretty putrid defensively as well. Hoping this guy remains a 3b in the bigs is looking very unlikely right now.
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 159)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby dclark0699 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:46 pm

RedHopeful wrote:
Yanks_Baby wrote:Anyone think Brewers will ever consider moving Braun back to SS with Hardy way underperforming, trading away Hardy, putting Gamel at Third, and LaPorta at LF where Braun was. It'll solve the problem of both under performers, Hall and Hardy.

Lord, no. Braun was terrible defensively at 3B. He'd be an even bigger liability at SS. In addition, Gamel is pretty putrid defensively as well. Hoping this guy remains a 3b in the bigs is looking very unlikely right now.

Just trying to remember, weren't most of Braun's errors at third throwing errors?

Not that I think this move would happen though.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yanks_Baby » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:49 pm

RedHopeful wrote:

Butthat's only becuase he was a converted 3B. He was originally a SS, and may perform better at Short. t's just a wacky thought I'd throw out there. If I was a manager, it's te kind of risky move I'd consider making.

I mean, the dodgers have cycled through like 6 different starting short stopsd, with talk of Furcal needing surgeory, they'd sure as hell be interested in a young SS with potential like Hardy, and they have one of the best farms in the mlb, loaded with stud prospects.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Yoda » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:54 pm

Yanks_Baby wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:

Butthat's only becuase he was a converted 3B. He was originally a SS, and may perform better at Short. t's just a wacky thought I'd throw out there. If I was a manager, it's te kind of risky move I'd consider making.

I mean, the dodgers have cycled through like 6 different starting short stopsd, with talk of Furcal needing surgeory, they'd sure as hell be interested in a young SS with potential like Hardy, and they have one of the best farms in the mlb, loaded with stud prospects.

Braun at SS? What are you smoking? He was HORRIBLE at 3B so what makes you think he would be any better at SS? Plus he hasn't played the position in like 4 years.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Yanks_Baby » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:01 pm

Yoda wrote:
Yanks_Baby wrote:[quote="RedHopeful"

Braun at SS? What are you smoking? He was HORRIBLE at 3B so what makes you think he would be any better at SS? Plus he hasn't played the position in like 4 years.[/quote]
Lorsh! Relax man. It was just a fun preposition I weas thinking about outloud. He was a SS when drafted, so he was bred as one he'd probably be better at it than Third.

It wasn't a serious thing, just a fun scenario.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby j24jags » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:16 pm

rookies and cream wrote:Everybody seems to have forgotten about Colby Rasmus, my favorite hitting prospect.

He's picked it up some, hitting to the line of .348/.430/.565 in June.

I think Rasmus would be up already if it wasn't for Ludwick's ridiculous tear and Schumaker's .300 average. A couple weeks ago when there was talk of Ankiel being hurt I thought we might see him, but with Barton struggling, it may not be long before we see Rasmus. I think/hope by the ASB their OF has Rasmus in LF, Ankiel in CF and Ludwick in RF.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Inukchuk » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:38 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:If your option is LaPorta in the OF and Braun at 3B instead of Branyan at 3B and Braun in the OF they may take the shot. I am not saying it WILL happen, just saying it is possible

Hm. I guess with all the ragging on Braun's infield defensive inadequacy I've been hearing, the thought of them putting him back at third seems ridiculous. I guess it could happen if they're really set on seeing what LaPorta can do in the bigs, though. I would be surprised if they did, is all.

I'm sure we can agree that Braun's not going to SS, anyway... :-b
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby neoforce » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:47 pm

j24jags wrote:
rookies and cream wrote:Everybody seems to have forgotten about Colby Rasmus, my favorite hitting prospect.

I think Rasmus would be up already if it wasn't for Ludwick's ridiculous tear and Schumaker's .300 average. A couple weeks ago when there was talk of Ankiel being hurt I thought we might see him, but with Barton struggling, it may not be long before we see Rasmus. I think/hope by the ASB their OF has Rasmus in LF, Ankiel in CF and Ludwick in RF.

I don't think they dump Barton to bring up Rasmus. If the drop Barton, they lose him back to the Indians. But more importantly, Barton is getting no at bats these days. If they bring Rasmus up, they will play him. So that goes back to the original problem, too many OFs doing well for St. Louis.

There was also quite a problem between St. Louis and Rasmus's dad earlier in the year, with rumors about St. Louis being fed up with Rasmus, not due to ability but due to baggage.

I haven't got a clue what will happen, I just don't think it will be drop Barton for Rasmus.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Slow Pitch » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:14 pm

neoforce wrote:
j24jags wrote:

I don't think they dump Barton to bring up Rasmus. If the drop Barton, they lose him back to the Indians. But more importantly, Barton is getting no at bats these days. If they bring Rasmus up, they will play him. So that goes back to the original problem, too many OFs doing well for St. Louis.

There was also quite a problem between St. Louis and Rasmus's dad earlier in the year, with rumors about St. Louis being fed up with Rasmus, not due to ability but due to baggage.

I haven't got a clue what will happen, I just don't think it will be drop Barton for Rasmus.

Kansas City will happily take Rasmus off the Cards hands. They can have Gil Meche & Ross Gload. :-)

I think Chris Davis is going to be coming up very soon for Texas.
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers