Next Impact Call Up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Next Impact Call Up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Next Impact Call Up

Postby Inukchuk » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:35 am

stevethumb wrote:it's AA not AAA and for that reason, and the fact he isn't on the 40 man roster and they have no position for him leads me to believe a september call up is the only way laporta will see milw in 08

Agreed. I'm surprised there's so much talk about LaPorta coming up. I think a lot of people don't realize he's still in AA.

No mention of Andy McCutchen? Nady's finally becoming his usual dinged up self, and Pearce has really slowed down in Indy. I'd say there's a better chance of McCutchen than LaPorta getting the call...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby tah161 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:19 pm

Is Daryl Thompson any good?

He pitches for the reds and suppose to be getting his first start agaisnt the yankee's on Saturday.

How much of an impact will he make?
tah161
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:23 pm

One thing that bodes well for Gamel or LaPorta is that Hall has played terribly and Branyan is now in there. Branyan may be hitting well now, but he can't keep it up. Hall has said he wants out because he isn't getting playing time. If they could find someone to take Hall, they would need someone for when Branyan realizes he is Rus Branyan
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Inukchuk » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:57 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:One thing that bodes well for Gamel or LaPorta is that Hall has played terribly and Branyan is now in there. Branyan may be hitting well now, but he can't keep it up. Hall has said he wants out because he isn't getting playing time. If they could find someone to take Hall, they would need someone for when Branyan realizes he is Rus Branyan

Even if that happens, how would it help LaPorta's chances? I would understand if they threw Gamel in at 3B, but what about Matty? I doubt they'd put Braun back at third just to bring up an OF prospect...

Bottom line is that LaPorta is still stuck behind Braun, Cameron, and Hart. If Cameron were to get dinged up, however...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:00 pm

I'd love to see Nelson Cruz get called up as a reward for his play so far this year. I think it could happen as both Bradley and Hamilton are injury risks. However, a guy I'm surprised that hasn't been mentioned is Billy Butler. Kid is raking down in the minors and he could carry some of it over to the big leagues. I'm sure he's on most waiver wires as most people gave up on him. Let's not forget this kid can flat out hit and it appears he's finally over his earlier funk.
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Simulacrum » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:02 pm

J35J wrote:Chris Davis certainly has the power but the biggest bug a boo for him will be to overcome the poor plate discipline/coverage. If you look at his MILB ABs and divide them by 525 you will see he is averaging 40BB and 145Ks. Maybe a poor man's Adam Dunn when he comes up. Someone to keep an eye on if you need the extra HR but can take the hit in avg.....as it will likely be hard for him to keep a solid avg in the majors with that poor of a BB/K ratio. (274 Ks in 260 games)

Did you really just use the word "bugaboo"? :-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby rookies and cream » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:07 pm

Everybody seems to have forgotten about Colby Rasmus, my favorite hitting prospect.

He's picked it up some, hitting to the line of .348/.430/.565 in June.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 45)

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:28 pm

Inukchuk wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:One thing that bodes well for Gamel or LaPorta is that Hall has played terribly and Branyan is now in there. Branyan may be hitting well now, but he can't keep it up. Hall has said he wants out because he isn't getting playing time. If they could find someone to take Hall, they would need someone for when Branyan realizes he is Rus Branyan

Even if that happens, how would it help LaPorta's chances? I would understand if they threw Gamel in at 3B, but what about Matty? I doubt they'd put Braun back at third just to bring up an OF prospect...

Bottom line is that LaPorta is still stuck behind Braun, Cameron, and Hart. If Cameron were to get dinged up, however...

If your option is LaPorta in the OF and Braun at 3B instead of Branyan at 3B and Braun in the OF they may take the shot. I am not saying it WILL happen, just saying it is possible
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yanks_Baby » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:32 pm

Anyone think Brewers will ever consider moving Braun back to SS with Hardy way underperforming, trading away Hardy, putting Gamel at Third, and LaPorta at LF where Braun was. It'll solve the problem of both under performers, Hall and Hardy.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:39 pm

Simulacrum wrote:
J35J wrote:Chris Davis certainly has the power but the biggest bug a boo for him will be to overcome the poor plate discipline/coverage. If you look at his MILB ABs and divide them by 525 you will see he is averaging 40BB and 145Ks. Maybe a poor man's Adam Dunn when he comes up. Someone to keep an eye on if you need the extra HR but can take the hit in avg.....as it will likely be hard for him to keep a solid avg in the majors with that poor of a BB/K ratio. (274 Ks in 260 games)

Did you really just use the word "bugaboo"? :-D

That's not a poor man's Adam Dunn. Dunn is good for triple digits in walks.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers