JP Ricciardi vs. Adam Dunn (Part 1 and now 2!!!) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

JP Ricciardi vs. Adam Dunn (Part 1 and now 2!!!)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: JP Ricciardi vs. Adam Dunn

Postby mweir145 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:49 am

tinfoilxtouch wrote:
mweir145 wrote:Somebody is lying now. :-o

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/ar ... p&c_id=tor

Okay, so can we all agree Richciardi is lying? Anyone with a cell phone knows how hard it is to delete numbers who called you. What did he do, clear his call log for no apparent reason? Wouldn't you want Dunn's number with all this BS floating around?

Why would he lie with Dunn being available to take questions at the other end of the stadium? Unless he's just really, really stupid and just forgot that fact (which is certainly possible).

Looks like JP might be getting himself caught in another web of lies. :-b
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:53 am

mweir145 wrote:Why would he lie with Dunn being available to take questions at the other end of the stadium? Unless he's just really, really stupid and just forgot that fact (which is certainly possible).

It's the same ego that allowed him to make the comments in the first place- he thinks that as a GM he's smarter and more respected than the players. Besides, he didn't have much choice than to at least halfway retract what he said.

Unless the Jays manage to come from nowhere and make it to the playoffs without anyone hitting 20 jacks, he's going to be fired- at this point he might realize he needs to save face and mend some bridges before he's back on the open market for front office folk
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mweir145 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:15 am

tinfoilxtouch wrote:Unless the Jays manage to come from nowhere and make it to the playoffs without anyone hitting 20 jacks, he's going to be fired- at this point he might realize he needs to save face and mend some bridges before he's back on the open market for front office folk
If the Jays do in fact make the playoffs, all of the praise will go to Cito Gaston, not JP Ricciardi. It's really a lose-lose situation for him at this point when you think about it.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby bdrotoronto » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:21 am

mweir145 wrote:Why would he lie with Dunn being available to take questions at the other end of the stadium? Unless he's just really, really stupid and just forgot that fact (which is certainly possible).

Bingo.
You've got a diamond, You've got nine men
You've got a hat and a bat, And that's not all..
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: JP Ricciardi vs. Adam Dunn (Part 1 and now 2!!!)

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:43 am

i dont like links, this is what the article said..
TORONTO -- Blue Jays general manager J.P. Ricciardi said his feud with Reds left fielder Adam Dunn was finally settled via a phone call between the two over the weekend.

Not so, says Dunn.

A controversy brewed last week when Ricciardi publicly criticized Dunn during his weekly call-in radio show in Toronto. Since then, Ricciardi had been trying to contact Dunn personally on the phone after already apologizing to Dunn through the media.

"I talked to Adam on Saturday, so I see it as a dead issue," Ricciardi told a group of reporters on Tuesday afternoon. "He called me. I tried to get his phone and I wasn't having any luck. He had called me. I told him I made a mistake and apologized. I let my guard down, which I shouldn't have done, but I did. All I can do is apologize."

Found in the clubhouse tunnel on the visitor's side of the field, Dunn was emphatic that he never called Ricciardi and that the two haven't spoken.

"What? Not true. One million percent," Dunn told MLB.com after being informed of Ricciardi's comments.

When told of what Dunn said, Ricciardi was adamant that he spoke to the player on the phone.

"All I know is the person I talked to said it was Adam Dunn," Ricciardi said. "That's quite a prank to pull."

Ricciardi said he deleted the caller's number from his cell phone.

The Reds' first visit to Toronto for Interleague Play this week immediately took on added interest last Wednesday night, when Ricciardi was hosting his weekly call-in show. A caller asked about whether the Blue Jays should trade for Dunn.

"Do you know that the guy really doesn't like baseball all that much?" was among Riccardi replies. "Do you know the guy doesn't have a passion to play the game that much? We've done our homework on guys like Adam Dunn and there's a reason we don't want Adam Dunn."

An unhappy Dunn responded last week by calling Ricciardi "some clown sitting in the front office pushing paper."

This isn't the first time Ricciardi has been involved in controversy. In early May 2007, he admitted during his radio show that the Blue Jays intentionally fabricated a story to cover up closer B.J. Ryan's left elbow injury. The club falsely reported Ryan was suffering a back injury.

IMO Ricciardi is clearly lieing.
"All I know is the person I talked to said it was Adam Dunn," Ricciardi said. "That's quite a prank to pull."
Ricciardi said he deleted the caller's number from his cell phone.
right JP, it was a prank. someone got your cell number and pretended to be Adam Dunn.
Ricciardi is the one who would lie, why would Dunn lie about not calling Ricciardi?

Ricciardi has got to go. not just because of this situation, he just isnt a good GM, period!
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby zepfan » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:06 pm

Why apologize when you can just lie and say that you did? It's not like it can be verified by simply asking the recipient of the supposed apology... Oh wait...

Seeing as how lying seems to come so easily for him you'd think he'd be a little better at it. At this point, it's tough to take this guy seriously at all or take anything he says at face value. Pat Gillick, where have you gone?

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:11 pm

I can totally see Adam Dunn having one of his buddies call and pretend its him.

Remember when he called the press booth in Cincy pretending to be a fan. !+)
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:37 pm

acsguitar wrote:I can totally see Adam Dunn having one of his buddies call and pretend its him.

Remember when he called the press booth in Cincy pretending to be a fan. !+)

That wouldn't surprise me but if that did happen Ricciardi would have a number to give. He doesn't so that either makes him a liar or an idiot.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby WyldStallyn » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:51 pm

this is pretty much the strangest baseball happening ever. a general manager for a club that is in a different division, league, and country bad mouths a player he has had no contact with, ever. then lies about them making up. :-* i cant make sense of this. dunn is probably even more confused than i am
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:57 pm

JP is a liar and it is nothing new. He's proved this over and over again.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers