JP Ricciardi vs. Adam Dunn (Part 1 and now 2!!!) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

JP Ricciardi vs. Adam Dunn (Part 1 and now 2!!!)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: JP Ricciardi vs. Adam Dunn

Postby SpecialFNK » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:51 am

Ricciardi is an idiot, and should be fired immediately, if not attleast at the end of the season. there is absolutely no reason for this guy to still be GM.
the firing should even be done NOW,, not at the end of the season. the Jays are not in contention for a playoff spot, and will be looking to unload players before the trading deadline. so now the Jays have this idiot in there trying to move guys like Burnett, and i can almost bet he doesnt get a good deal. he has to know his days in Toronto are numbered, and should not be the one making decisions that will effect the team into 2009 when he wont be there.
critizising Dunn is retarted. forget the AVG look at his other numbers.. and this is not a player Ricciardi wants? give me a break. no wonder the Jays are not winning. they would instead rather roster players like Stewart, Stairs, Mench, and others. Dunn might not have a good AVG but consistantly good OBP, 40+ HR, 100+R, 100+RBI.. yeah Ricciari you dont want someone with numbers like that *sarcasm.
he critisizes Dunn, but he was fine with trading for Troy Glaus.. and Dunn is better.

as someone who hope the Jays can become a contending team, i actually enjoy what Ricciardi is doing lately.. because it has to make it easier for the Jays orginization to FIRE THIS HOSER EH! i havnt liked Ricciardi since he became GM.

its not just critisizing Dunn himself..its the message sending out to everyone else around the league. why would any significant free agents want to come to Toronto? this guy has become a joke, and he needs to go!
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 72)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:27 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:Ricciardi is an idiot, and should be fired immediately, if not attleast at the end of the season. there is absolutely no reason for this guy to still be GM.
the firing should even be done NOW,, not at the end of the season. the Jays are not in contention for a playoff spot, and will be looking to unload players before the trading deadline. so now the Jays have this idiot in there trying to move guys like Burnett, and i can almost bet he doesnt get a good deal. he has to know his days in Toronto are numbered, and should not be the one making decisions that will effect the team into 2009 when he wont be there.
critizising Dunn is retarted. forget the AVG look at his other numbers.. and this is not a player Ricciardi wants? give me a break. no wonder the Jays are not winning. they would instead rather roster players like Stewart, Stairs, Mench, and others. Dunn might not have a good AVG but consistantly good OBP, 40+ HR, 100+R, 100+RBI.. yeah Ricciari you dont want someone with numbers like that *sarcasm.
he critisizes Dunn, but he was fine with trading for Troy Glaus.. and Dunn is better.

as someone who hope the Jays can become a contending team, i actually enjoy what Ricciardi is doing lately.. because it has to make it easier for the Jays orginization to FIRE THIS HOSER EH! i havnt liked Ricciardi since he became GM.

its not just critisizing Dunn himself..its the message sending out to everyone else around the league. why would any significant free agents want to come to Toronto? this guy has become a joke, and he needs to go!

I think FA aren't coming to Toronto because they'd rather make US Dollars than loonies and toonies. I'm not sure about the exchange rate on loonies, but the toonies have been down in the last year. :-b
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby markj11 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:31 pm

Dunn wrote:I really don’t care what one guy thinks, to be honest with you.
He felt like he needed to say it for some reason, I have no idea why and I don’t care.
I read it, I just read it. I don’t care.
I don’t care about the perception people have of me

It pisses me off, to be honest with you.
It pisses me off. It does.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby JoshExley » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:55 pm

And now ole Cito Gaston is gonna be coaching the team again.....
JoshExley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rhydderch » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:00 pm

Desperate move by a desperate man. JP will be gone by next year.
Rhydderch
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BillyMafia » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:53 pm

I believe that JP should not have made those statements publicly but I listen to a lot (too much) XM 175 and have heard several times in players interviews the exact thing JP talked about where Dunn really doesn't like baseball and if I remember correctly would prefer to be hunting. I think there are a lot of people out there that work and would prefer to be doing something else (he just gets paid more).
BillyMafia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:23 pm

This whole thing is lunacy. In what world do GMs start to denigrate players who aren't even in their division, or league, or (country)?!

He's been a horrible GM. I can't think of a single move he's made that didn't seem like a moronic attempt to cover his own behind.

Can you imagine Theo Epstein coming out and talking about Lincecum being a midget and being overrated because of his silly windup?

The final two points. 1) Adum Dunn is at least like seven times better than anyone the Jays have under contract, and 2) would YOU care about baseball whole-heartedly if you were stuck playing for a sub-500 team your entire career?
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mweir145 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:08 am

mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:44 am

mweir145 wrote:Somebody is lying now. :-o

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/ar ... p&c_id=tor

Okay, so can we all agree Richciardi is lying? Anyone with a cell phone knows how hard it is to delete numbers who called you. What did he do, clear his call log for no apparent reason? Wouldn't you want Dunn's number with all this BS floating around?
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kimchi_chigae » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:52 am

The plot thickens. :-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers