CHart, no longer leadoff - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

CHart, no longer leadoff

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CHart, no longer leadoff

Postby Lordrevolution » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:18 pm

Did Yost notice the 2 HRs in one game and think to himself "Holy jeepers, I don't want that happening again!" and decide to move him back to the 5th spot?
Seriously, I can only think of one reason why he'd be back in 5th, and that's to protect Fielder, who's been hitting like crap all season except for one week.
Lordrevolution
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 411
Joined: 23 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CHart, no longer leadoff

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:34 pm

Yost is a horrible, horrible, horrible manager.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: CHart, no longer leadoff

Postby moochman » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:02 am

Yoda wrote:Yost is a horrible, horrible, horrible manager.


It makes you wonder if the owner of the Brewers has never heard of the Cafe
Or the internet
Or newspapers
Or sound baseball strategy
Image
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1649
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: First place baby

Re: CHart, no longer leadoff

Postby pat189 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:05 am

He's an idiot...he had a few 0/4 games so he moved him. I think he would have done really well leading off.
pat189
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 430
Joined: 23 May 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CHart, no longer leadoff

Postby gatorgreenwell » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:37 am

Why does Yost keep jerking this guy around? Last year early on, when Hart was clearly everyday caliber, Yost kept sitting him and filling the outfield with guys like Mench and Gross. Then Hart starts this year batting behind Bill Hall for a while. What does Yost have against Hart?
gatorgreenwell
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 270
Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CHart, no longer leadoff

Postby Yanks_Baby » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:10 pm

gatorgreenwell wrote:Why does Yost keep jerking this guy around? Last year early on, when Hart was clearly everyday caliber, Yost kept sitting him and filling the outfield with guys like Mench and Gross. Then Hart starts this year batting behind Bill Hall for a while. What does Yost have against Hart?

Same thing Pinella has against Rich Hill. Sometimes managers just don't like someone.
Image
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 1704
Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CHart, no longer leadoff

Postby pat189 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:12 pm

Yanks_Baby wrote:
gatorgreenwell wrote:Why does Yost keep jerking this guy around? Last year early on, when Hart was clearly everyday caliber, Yost kept sitting him and filling the outfield with guys like Mench and Gross. Then Hart starts this year batting behind Bill Hall for a while. What does Yost have against Hart?

Same thing Pinella has against Rich Hill. Sometimes managers just don't like someone.


Rich Hill is actually doing terrible though, he's walking 5+ guys in every minor league start.
pat189
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 430
Joined: 23 May 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CHart, no longer leadoff

Postby urbanbreez » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:23 pm

I think it's pretty impossible to say something like Yost doesn't like Hart. How can you possibly know that? It could just be that he's a bad manager, nothing personal.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3200
Joined: 24 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Los Angeles. U Jelly?

Re: CHart, no longer leadoff

Postby Yoda » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:24 pm

pat189 wrote:
Yanks_Baby wrote:
gatorgreenwell wrote:Why does Yost keep jerking this guy around? Last year early on, when Hart was clearly everyday caliber, Yost kept sitting him and filling the outfield with guys like Mench and Gross. Then Hart starts this year batting behind Bill Hall for a while. What does Yost have against Hart?

Same thing Pinella has against Rich Hill. Sometimes managers just don't like someone.


Rich Hill is actually doing terrible though, he's walking 5+ guys in every minor league start.


Agreed. I don't think any manager likes a pitcher who is averaging 5 BB per start.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: CHart, no longer leadoff

Postby Yanks_Baby » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:26 pm

Yoda wrote:
pat189 wrote:
Yanks_Baby wrote:Same thing Pinella has against Rich Hill. Sometimes managers just don't like someone.


Rich Hill is actually doing terrible though, he's walking 5+ guys in every minor league start.


Agreed. I don't think any manager likes a pitcher who is averaging 5 BB per start.

Before that he consistently messed with his mind. He would tell him he's not starting and being skipped, then 15 minutes before game time tell him to start warmnigup. He moved him to the end of the rotation. Constantly skipped starts. He tried to crack him, and when he finally did, he sent him down to the minors.
Image
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 1704
Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Tavish, Y`s Guy and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 16
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Miami at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
LA Dodgers at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Francisco at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Seattle at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Philadelphia at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact