What the heck is wrong with my team WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

What the heck is wrong with my team WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What the heck is wrong with my team WHIR

Postby Guzman24 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:05 pm

3 weeks ago I was in 1st place by 6 games and had yet to lose a week all year in my 12 team H2H 8 keeper money league.

Then I traded away Volquez/Phillips/Loney for Utley and Howard. A trade which I thought I'd won by a substancial margin.

Since then, I've lost to the team in second place 6-4 then followed it up with an 8-1 thrashing at the hands of the team in the basement and now I'm in the process of losing this week to this weeks last place team.

What gives????

I did think my team was of championship quality but now I'm not so sure. Thanks in advance for any input and suggestions and leave your link.
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What the heck is wrong with my team WHIR

Postby still-hate-francisco-cabrera » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:47 pm

The same thing that is hurting me right now is hurting you. Webb isn't pitching like an Ace. It's hard to win week in and week out with out your ace coming though.

Your lineup is solid, so you should be fine on offense. Just keep an eye on webb and make sure you can beef up your pitching if possible, and you'll be fine.
still-hate-francisco-cabrera
College Coach
College Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: What the heck is wrong with my team WHIR

Postby sox 06 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:44 am

Your offense looks solid from top to bottom except for Beltre. I know he's had a couple good seasons in a row, but I've never been a fan of him. Seattle isn't any good, but Beltre should still hit a good amount of HR. I wouldn't worry about him too much. If Bedard can start pitching better and if Webb can regain his form, then I think you will be all set. Thanks for your help with mine.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team