100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Baseball Gambling Thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Baseball Gambling Thread

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:07 pm

Yanks_Baby wrote:
Old_Style wrote:
Yanks_Baby wrote:I see some of you guys signed up for Centsports. Are you guys getting the feel for it? The premise of free money and betting is always a good mix.

I almost forgot about that place. Good call.

No problem. Personally, I bet everything on a moneyline bet for the Cards. I don't trust Lester, and the Cards have been handlnig Boston nicely, and at +195 there was so much potential reward I couldn't resist.

http://www.centsports.com/?opcode=108218

^^ The link incase you missed it before. Lots of fun, and free money. ;-D

I don't think I could ever take that big a dog. A +195 is Vegas begging people to take the bet.

EDIT -- Of course Kansas City went on to win 11 - 10 when I decided not to take them after the line moved... and Of course now I'm hoping that nobody else scores in this Padre game so I can at least push and get my money back... !+)

Tomorrow is another day.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BaseballintheD » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:39 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
EDIT -- Of course Kansas City went on to win 11 - 10 when I decided not to take them after the line moved... and Of course now I'm hoping that nobody else scores in this Padre game so I can at least push and get my money back... !+)

Tomorrow is another day.

I took the Giants, I figured with Lincecum starting, that they would be able to hold it down, I looked like I was so right for awhile....oh well, tomorrow is another day right?
BaseballintheD
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:47 pm

BaseballintheD wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

Tomorrow is another day.

I took the Giants, I figured with Lincecum starting, that they would be able to hold it down, I looked like I was so right for awhile....oh well, tomorrow is another day right?

The line said that if the Giants won, it wasn't going to be easy. What I've learned over the years is that there's very little that Vegas doesn't know. The statisticians that they have crunching numbers for every possible factor, trend, weather, so on and so forth, are damn good with generating their lines and juice. When Kyle Davies is EVEN money the morning of a game vs Tim Lincecum, there's a reason. They knew something out there, in their calculations, that the rest of us couldn't have possibly known -- that's why reading the lines is as, if not more, important than knowing the players and teams. Had they not slid Davies to +120 prior to game time, that would've been my most aggressive bet of the day.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby BaseballintheD » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:37 am

In an effort to keep the thread going...Who does everyone like for today?

I definately like Boston over Arizona.
BaseballintheD
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby NorthSider2 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:42 am

On Avg. How much money do you guys win/lose in a single day? Any big busts or gains?

I've always seen the lines but never really understood them, maybe thats why i lost some money :-°
Thanks to soty for the sweet sig

Go Cubs
NorthSider2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tavish » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:01 pm

NorthSider2 wrote:On Avg. How much money do you guys win/lose in a single day? Any big busts or gains?

I've always seen the lines but never really understood them, maybe thats why i lost some money :-°

I think the most I ever lay on a game is $20. Normally I play all the Royals games I go to for around $5. On average I would guess I put in on about 2 games a week for around $10 total. I probably came out about $100 or so ahead over all of last season.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby BaseballintheD » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:05 pm

NorthSider2 wrote:On Avg. How much money do you guys win/lose in a single day? Any big busts or gains?

I'm new, and still learning on how to read the lines myself. But I'm getting better. Perhaps someone who knows how to read them better could explain more in detail?

I never put much on a game..only about $5, so I never win or lose big, but yesterday, I hit 3 of 4 I bet on. So I made little over 15 on the 20 I bet. And Lost 5. Someday I hit 3 of 4, other days, I lose it all. Since it's just a hobby, and I keep bets small, it's no big deal when I do lose.
BaseballintheD
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:31 pm

These days, I generally take 1 - 2 games a day, but occasionally if I love a lot of games I can take up to 5 or so bets; but that's rare. When I say I placed a small bet, it's usually $15 - $20, with my normal bet being $40 and up to $100 on games I really like. This season the most I've lost or gained in a single day was a few hundred bucks.

I'm not taking any games today, just cause I don't feel like paying the -175 on Johan against Felix, the -185 on Lackey, or the -185 on Beckett against Haren. The Mets/Mariners game should go Under 7, but I'm not confident enough to bet it.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby King Tim » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:11 pm

King Tim wrote:Sunday picks

Brewers -1.5/+145
Tigers -1.5/+130

2 for 2 yesterday and 3 for 3 in this thread (+ $410)

I like the payout so I'll take KC -1.5/+190. Bannister has a 2.79 era at home this year and Francis sports a 5.18 road era. COL had to travel yesterday and the KC offense put up 11 yesterday w/ Timmay starting.
King Tim
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby shawngee03 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:17 pm

King Tim wrote:
King Tim wrote:Sunday picks

Brewers -1.5/+145
Tigers -1.5/+130

2 for 2 yesterday and 3 for 3 in this thread (+ $410)

I like the payout so I'll take KC -1.5/+190. Bannister has a 2.79 era at home this year and Francis sports a 5.18 road era. COL had to travel yesterday and the KC offense put up 11 yesterday w/ Timmay starting.

i have to ask. if the splits on teh two starting pitchers is so skewed, and COL had to travel, and KC is hitting so well......why is KC +190?
im not doubting your pick or saying its a sucker bet, im just astonished the payout for that is so high when it seems like it should be the other way. is this another case where vegas knows something? did bannister's girlfriend just breakup w him or something?
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers