The Return of J.D. Drew - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Return of J.D. Drew

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: The Return of J.D. Drew

Postby noseeum » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:41 pm

I sent Carl Crawford away for Peavy two weeks ago, and the day after the deal, I picked up Drew. You gotta love that.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RyanK » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:00 pm

i regret trading him... hes been on fire since and i couldve used the 3rd OF... JTs laughing somewhere ;-7
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:40 pm

RyanK wrote:i regret trading him... hes been on fire since and i couldve used the 3rd OF... JTs laughing somewhere ;-7

That 'somewhere' is in my face. I don't even know how you can sit down after that trade... mumble grumble...
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby RyanK » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:01 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
RyanK wrote:i regret trading him... hes been on fire since and i couldve used the 3rd OF... JTs laughing somewhere ;-7

That 'somewhere' is in my face. I don't even know how you can sit down after that trade... mumble grumble...

i drank too much busch that night... which leads me to a good question, if you offer a trade under non sober conditions and its accepted, can you withdraw your trade or do you bear with it and just suck up the stupid mistake? in my case jd and hoffman for foulke and bush... (dont ask)
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby DVauthrin » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:03 pm

RyanK wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

i drank too much busch that night... which leads me to a good question, if you offer a trade under non sober conditions and its accepted, can you withdraw your trade or do you bear with it and just suck up the stupid mistake? in my case jd and hoffman for foulke and bush... (dont ask)

oh dear, i feel your pain.... candidate for worst deal of the year so far...
hook em horns, go stros
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Old_Style » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:13 pm

RyanK wrote:i drank too much busch that night... which leads me to a good question, if you offer a trade under non sober conditions and its accepted, can you withdraw your trade or do you bear with it and just suck up the stupid mistake? in my case jd and hoffman for foulke and bush... (dont ask)

You should probably refrain from using the computer when hammered.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:28 pm

I was high on Drew coming into the season and have him in a few leagues. In one league I took Drew and Bradley with back-to-back picks in the 17th and 18th rounds of a 14-team league. At the time everyone was criticizing the picks...now I have two of the current top 20 OFs.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:48 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:I was high on Drew coming into the season and have him in a few leagues. In one league I took Drew and Bradley with back-to-back picks in the 17th and 18th rounds of a 14-team league. At the time everyone was criticizing the picks...now I have two of the current top 20 OFs.

Not sure why you would be ridiculed for those picks. Not like those guys are short on talent and they seem like the perfect late picks.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby j24jags » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:38 am

I picked him up right before he caught fire in one $ league. I used my waiver on him and do not regret it one bit, he and Giambi have completely carried my team ;-D
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jdsun1 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:07 am

j24jags wrote:I picked him up right before he caught fire in one $ league. I used my waiver on him and do not regret it one bit, he and Giambi have completely carried my team ;-D

I refused to draft him this year after I was so high on him last year and he let me down. Luckily I forgave him and picked him up two weeks ago. He is good hitter and maybe he just needed the right situation to thrive in. Either way he looks like he has turned the corner.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers