tiger to have season ending knee surgery - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

tiger to have season ending knee surgery

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: tiger to have season ending knee surgery

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:45 am

AussieDodger wrote:Does Tiger have enough of a lead to keep the official #1 ranking all the way till he comes back?
That would be amusing. :-D

I was wondering this too, but I'm guessing it would take a hodge-podge of people winning tourneys with no multiple major winners for this to be possible. Anyone have any insights/info on this?
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:27 am

Yoda wrote:Question. Why do Tiger and Phil hate each other? Is it because Phil is stuck behind Tiger all the time?

On Sunday, as Rocco was heading towards the #1 tee, Phil was finishing off his round and gave him a high-five as he walked in to the clubhouse. He would not have done this with Tiger. :-D

although i wouldn't say they hate each other, your comment reminds me of the LA - SD relationship, seeing as that's where they're from respectively. basically, it's just an inferiority complex with sadly the superior side not really caring at all. having lived in both LA and SD, i can say that SD shows this inferiority complex thing when involved in anything against LA. you should see the padres games down in SD when the dodgers are in town, you'd think SD thinks its the world series. }:-)
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:21 am

WaCougMBS wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:Does Tiger have enough of a lead to keep the official #1 ranking all the way till he comes back?

I was wondering this too, but I'm guessing it would take a hodge-podge of people winning tourneys with no multiple major winners for this to be possible. Anyone have any insights/info on this?

According to somebody on a golf board I occasionally frequent who has a fair amount of knowledge on how the World Rankings work, it will take about 7 months for Tiger to drop to #2.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:34 am

mweir145 wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:

According to somebody on a golf board I occasionally frequent who has a fair amount of knowledge on how the World Rankings work, it will take about 7 months for Tiger to drop to #2.

He might even be back and playing by then if he is lucky and there arent any snags in the recovery, so that is good :-? ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby curious_george_43545 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:47 am

Golfs ratings are gonna suck for the next year.
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mweir145 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:18 am

WaCougMBS wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:I was wondering this too, but I'm guessing it would take a hodge-podge of people winning tourneys with no multiple major winners for this to be possible. Anyone have any insights/info on this?

He might even be back and playing by then if he is lucky and there arent any snags in the recovery, so that is good :-? ;-D

I don't really think the World Rankings matter much to Tiger, anyway. He measures his career by how many majors he wins relative to his peers, and that's pretty much it.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:55 am

mweir145 wrote:I don't really think the World Rankings matter much to Tiger, anyway. He measures his career by how many majors he wins relative to his peers, and that's pretty much it.

Yep. The guy is chasing history, not his contemporaries. It's pretty obvious nobody playing today can compare, so what does he care if someone artificially takes over #1 for a while? He has his sights set on greater things.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:02 am

knapplc wrote:
mweir145 wrote:I don't really think the World Rankings matter much to Tiger, anyway. He measures his career by how many majors he wins relative to his peers, and that's pretty much it.

Yep. The guy is chasing history, not his contemporaries. It's pretty obvious nobody playing today can compare, so what does he care if someone artificially takes over #1 for a while? He has his sights set on greater things.

Get used to this picture. Tiger will be handing all of his trophies to KJ Choi.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 275)

Postby KCollins1304 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:47 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
knapplc wrote:

Maybe to polish for him. }:-)
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:40 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
knapplc wrote:

I see it going more like this, personally:

mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk