Xavier Nady and his shoulder ? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Xavier Nady and his shoulder ?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Xavier Nady and his shoulder ?

Postby GrubNasty » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:45 am

Jun 17 Updating previous items, Pittsburgh Pirates OF Xavier Nady (shoulder) did not play in the contest Tuesday night, June 17, reports The Associated Press' Rick Gano. Nady had shown improvement in his range of motion, but the team was still trying to determine if it would sufficiently improve to avoid a trip to the disabled list.

Does anyone have any other linkage besides yahoo? I want to say a sprained shoulder would put someone down for 4-6 weeks, for immobilized rest and then working back some strength, so i'm not sure why the hesitation on the DL trip?
GrubNasty
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Xavier Nady and his shoulder ?

Postby The Mighty Trow » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:44 pm

Per Rotowire

Jun 20 The Pirates are expected to place Nady (shoulder) on the disabled list prior to Friday's game, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.
Recommendation: The team will recall outfielder Nyjer Morgan on Friday, a clear sign that Nady is bound for the DL. Nady has been out since Sunday. The time on the DL will give him a chance to rest groin and hamstring injuries

There goes his career year. :~( To the waivers I go...
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Xavier Nady and his shoulder ?

Postby GrubNasty » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:31 pm

While he ruined his record year. He is actually adding to my record year in players that made the DL trip !

its a shame for nady though, he was producing and no one wanted him in any trades, but i was happy to keep him all year. Oh well.
GrubNasty
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates