I need a catcher in a 21 team NL only, which scrub to take? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I need a catcher in a 21 team NL only, which scrub to take?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I need a catcher in a 21 team NL only, which scrub to take?

Postby zpalm » Fri May 17, 2002 11:04 am

1. Paul Bako Mil (The AP reports he may have the starting job with his hot hitting and Casenovia's injured elbow)

2. B. Schneiderman (splitting time with M. Barrett)

3. Jason Larue (splitting time with C. Miller)

I know all of these stink but i need one. I am highly leaning towards Bako but he hasn't shown in the past he can hit consistently.
zpalm
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby EugeneStyles » Fri May 17, 2002 5:21 pm

Wow... 21 teams! I was just thinking about how I don't like the idea of 8-team mixed leagues, because everyone has 22 studs on their roster. All 3 of my leagues are 10-team, NL-only, which seems to work pretty well. I wouldn't mind a 14-team NL-only or a 20-team mixed, though.

Anyway, Bako seems like he might be the best bet. Brian Schnieder might not be so bad either (recently Barrett's been getting some time at 1B, with Schnieder playing behind the plate). Other choices might include Vance Wilson (Piazza's backup, but, hey, he's done pretty well so far) and Robert Machado (he's been the best hitting Cubs catcher so far, and the Cubs are desperate for offense).

If it's a rotisserie league, consider starting a minor league or injured catcher, but check on your league's at-bats rules first. While other people get hurt by catchers batting .215 with 500 AB's, you'll laugh with your catcher batting .000 in 0 AB's. :-D
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers