Tell me I didn't do that badly - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Tell me I didn't do that badly

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tell me I didn't do that badly

Postby DaveClay12 » Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:57 pm

I'm looking back at my draft today somewhat in disgust... Take a look at my roster (including my keepers from last year), and tell me I shouldn't be disgusted...

This is a 6x6 HtH weekly league, with 12 teams.

Off Stats: Avg, HR, RBI, Runs, SB and OPS
Pit Stats: W, ERA, S, WHIP, K/IP and Losses minus Quality Starts

C: Mike Piazza
1B: Todd Helton
2B: Mike Young
SS: Jose Reyes
3B: Dmitri Young
OF: Vernon Wells, Brian Giles, Rocco Baldelli
U: Shannon Stewart
Bench: Bobby Crosby, Marlon Byrd, Luis Matos, Ramon Castro

SP: Mark Prior
SP: Barry Zito
SP: Dontrelle Willis
SP: Vincente Padilla
SP: Cliff Lee
RP: Fransisco Cordero
RP: Shawn Chacon
RP: David Riske (yes, I know Wickman will close to start)
Bench: Mark Eaton, Jeremy Affeldt, Oliver Perez, Eric Dubose

Minors: Jeff Mathis - C - Ana, Justin Duchscherer - SP - OAK, Prince Fielder - 1B - MIL, David Wright - 3B - NYM.
Thank you to soty for hooking me up with another awesome sig!
DaveClay12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby la dodgers » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:03 am

u have great hitting and pretty good starting pitching put u really dont have any RP
go dodgers
la dodgers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Greenie40 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:04 am

No, you didn't do that badly. Offense looks good to me and the pitching has two frontline guys and then plenty of support. I think you shouldn't be too disgusted. I don't know exactly what to do next, but in some way try to make some trades, maybe for a 3B or a third closer or an extra good starter. But overall, not too shabby.
"Worry more about your character than your reputation. Character is what you are, reputation is merely what others think you are." -John Wooden
Greenie40
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DaveClay12 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:13 am

Yeah!!! More encouragement!!! Yeah, I punted a little bit on relievers, because in my league, they don't get you anything but Saves, because all the other categories are ratios. But I think David Riske is this year's Octavio Dotel, so I don't think that's too terrible. He just won't get saves.

More input!!!

Thanks,

Dave
DaveClay12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:19 am

The team looks pretty good. I'm afraid that Mike Young had a career year last year and that Shannon Stewart isn't getting any better, but that's fine. Your bench is somewhat weak.

As for your pitching, it should compete in the top 3 of the league. If you're okay punting saves, then go for it. I don't think it's a big deal in a 6x6.

But the minors! What a system. In my opinion, Fielder and Wright are the two best offensive prospects in the minors, Mathis is Mauer with a slightly lower average and Duchscherer looks like he could be the next big Oakland pitcher. Nice.

You'll compete this year but your team could (depending on # of keepers and how long you keep them) turn into a dynasty.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:21 am

Your team is pretty good, but you def. need a closer. It doesn't look like you have one right now.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:50 pm

Team looks okay. In a 12 team league, I'd say middle of the pack. You obviously need some help in Relief pitching, but with you're scoring, you it looks like you can get away with what you have.

Bigger problems are with your lineup. You have a bunch of studs, but too many holes, IMO. I agree with the statement above that M Young had a career year last year. He will not be too good this year (especially w/ ARod gone). Look to get a 2B (or a ss and move Reyes to 2B). Also, I'd look to upgrade 3B. D Young is a nice player, but think his stats will come down to his career norms. To me, that's not good enough for a starting 3B. Also, you could use one more bat in the lineup. S Stewart is pretty weak.

Postby DaveClay12 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:32 pm

Yeah, I'm marketing Mike Young around to a few teams. I don't think I'm going to work too hard for closers, as there will always be opportunities to pick up guys during the season, and plus, I'd rather have a starter like Affeldt or someone taking up my third relief spot.
DaveClay12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Gee » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:09 pm

Nice Team. Offense is solid you may want to trade M Young though I dont think his numbers will be as good as last year Your relief pitching could use some work but your starters are solid. Overall you have a good chance of winning.
Gee

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team