Screw Public Leagues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Screw Public Leagues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Screw Public Leagues

Postby Snoochie Boochies » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:02 am

I am done with public leagues. I joined a yahoo league last week, drafted on Sunday, Season started Monday. Within 10 Minutes of the draft, Orlando Hudson and Carlos Quentin are Traded to another player for Ian Kinsler and Magglio Ordonez. I clicked the view trade button and notice the league is set to Commissioner Veto, and had a message telling me to contact the Comish to protest trades, and I do. I also posted a brief message on the league board. But the comish approved the trade within an hour of my message. I immediately get blasted from the guy who got Kinsler/Magglio in the trade telling me to mind my own business and how there is nothing wrong with the trade. This was monday, Today I log in to my team to find Jose Reyes, Prince Fielder, and Josh Beckett dropped to the waiver wire by the comish. I have no idea why, but I also notice that the team who got Kinsler/Magglio has #1 waiver priority, and the commissioner has #2. I wish I could just delete my team, this is ridiculous
Snoochie Boochies
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Screw Public Leagues

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:32 pm

Snoochie Boochies wrote:I am done with public leagues. I joined a yahoo league last week, drafted on Sunday, Season started Monday. Within 10 Minutes of the draft, Orlando Hudson and Carlos Quentin are Traded to another player for Ian Kinsler and Magglio Ordonez. I clicked the view trade button and notice the league is set to Commissioner Veto, and had a message telling me to contact the Comish to protest trades, and I do. I also posted a brief message on the league board. But the comish approved the trade within an hour of my message. I immediately get blasted from the guy who got Kinsler/Magglio in the trade telling me to mind my own business and how there is nothing wrong with the trade. This was monday, Today I log in to my team to find Jose Reyes, Prince Fielder, and Josh Beckett dropped to the waiver wire by the comish. I have no idea why, but I also notice that the team who got Kinsler/Magglio has #1 waiver priority, and the commissioner has #2. I wish I could just delete my team, this is ridiculous

Two things. One, that is not a yahoo public league. Public leagues have no commish. You joined a private league that someone opened up. Sometimes they are legit, sometimes the commish just is trying to pad his stats, it happens.

Besides, I dont see that trade as being THAT egregious.
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Snoochie Boochies » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:20 pm

Bobbleheadrusty wrote:Two things. One, that is not a yahoo public league. Public leagues have no commish. You joined a private league that someone opened up. Sometimes they are legit, sometimes the commish just is trying to pad his stats, it happens.

Besides, I dont see that trade as being THAT egregious.

It wasnt that outrageous, but is it wrong for me to send a message to the comish voicing my opinion. I just figured its part of playing the game, I just wanted to bring it to his attention thats all, I was just shocked by the fact he felt the need to cut Reyes, Fielder, and Beckett off my squad and figured id share that. I just feel thats just too much power to give the comish, why would he ever need to drop players off other teams
Snoochie Boochies
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Merlin401 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:57 am

He dropped YOUR players???? No way I would continue playing in that league. Is it head to head? bench every player you have against every team except when you play the commish ;)
Merlin401
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby las_vegas_keith » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:02 pm

You can contact Yahoo about the commish's actions. It is clear that cheating is involved since he dropped players from your team.
las_vegas_keith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DaShiz23 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:55 pm

I would exit the league. Public leagues are better than this. Either that or collaborate with the other managers to make one super team, to screw the commish, but, he'll just bench that team's players, or lock you. It's pretty much dead, and should be treated as such. Sorry. Only advise is to join leagues in which you know the other managers, or publics, where anarchy cannot take place.
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby Snoochie Boochies » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:35 am

How can I quit, It tells me i cant quit after a draft. And how would i go about contacting Yahoo!?
Snoochie Boochies
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:53 pm

Snoochie Boochies wrote:How can I quit, It tells me i cant quit after a draft. And how would i go about contacting Yahoo!?

I think they mean just ignore the league, don't bother doing your lineups or looking at trade offers.
JasonSeahorn Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jimmy103 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:33 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:
Snoochie Boochies wrote:How can I quit, It tells me i cant quit after a draft. And how would i go about contacting Yahoo!?

I think they mean just ignore the league, don't bother doing your lineups or looking at trade offers.

I assume he doesn't want his Yahoo stats hurt? I dunno

Contact Yahoo, they will actually deal with people like that

Lil help:
viewtopic.php?f=189&t=353871
Win 2 more and then we'll talk.
Jimmy103
College Coach
College Coach

Postby noseeum » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:26 am

I'll tell you, but seriously, do a little leg work. It's very easy to look around the yahoo site and find out how to contact them.

All you have to do is click "help" from your league site, then click on the "contact us" tab. There's a category drop down box and one category is "cheating or other abuse".
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner