Trade Team A for Team B? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Trade Team A for Team B?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Trade Team A for Team B?

Postby sox 06 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:41 am

Matthias wrote:How so?

Really, you just don't want to get into roster upkeep. Then you're going to have a whole problem of, "What do I do the week he plays me" along with, "Should I keep his starters active" and, "Player A got injured; what to do". The best thing to do, honestly, is to just bench all of his guys and make him a complete zero for the rest of the season.

I already said that I am not going to keep his roster up to date on a daily basis. My question is, should I put Hamels/Zambrano/Kazmir/Gonzalez back into his lineup so his team has at least someone in those spots? What I'm talking about is a one time only adjustment and after that, I won't touch his lineup again this season.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby noseeum » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:40 pm

sox 06 wrote:

Really, you just don't want to get into roster upkeep. Then you're going to have a whole problem of, "What do I do the week he plays me" along with, "Should I keep his starters active" and, "Player A got injured; what to do". The best thing to do, honestly, is to just bench all of his guys and make him a complete zero for the rest of the season.

I already said that I am not going to keep his roster up to date on a daily basis. My question is, should I put Hamels/Zambrano/Kazmir/Gonzalez back into his lineup so his team has at least someone in those spots? What I'm talking about is a one time only adjustment and after that, I won't touch his lineup again this season.

But that's unfair to the guy who's playing him now and next week. As Matthias mentioned, guys will get hurt, things will go bad. And then they come back and all of a sudden he has a competitive week. It ends up providing huge wins for some teams and hurting the few people who randomly run into a week when a couple of players are on fire.

Bench everyone, and it will be the same result for everyone playing him.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Matthias » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:30 pm

noseeum wrote:
sox 06 wrote:

But that's unfair to the guy who's playing him now and next week. As Matthias mentioned, guys will get hurt, things will go bad. And then they come back and all of a sudden he has a competitive week. It ends up providing huge wins for some teams and hurting the few people who randomly run into a week when a couple of players are on fire.

Bench everyone, and it will be the same result for everyone playing him.

Right.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DVauthrin » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:33 pm

you have done the right thing to this point, if he's quit don't adjust his lineups for him unless that is what your league feels should be done...

i'd certainly be looking for a new owner though.
hook em horns, go stros
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 13)

Postby sox 06 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:23 pm

DVauthrin wrote:you have done the right thing to this point, if he's quit don't adjust his lineups for him unless that is what your league feels should be done...

i'd certainly be looking for a new owner though.

How do you go by assigning a new owner to a Yahoo team? Can it be done?
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby DVauthrin » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:38 am

In basketball we had an inactive owner and got the owner removed, and the team actually ended up going to the playoffs.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/baseball/general.html

Use that link to email yahoo with this info once you line up the new owner. It may not work anymore, but it did in basketball and was worth it.

Team Name: __________________________
Old Yahoo ID: __________________________
New Yahoo ID: _________________________
New email address: _____________________
hook em horns, go stros
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 13)

Postby sox 06 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:15 am

DVauthrin wrote:In basketball we had an inactive owner and got the owner removed, and the team actually ended up going to the playoffs.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/baseball/general.html

Use that link to email yahoo with this info once you line up the new owner. It may not work anymore, but it did in basketball and was worth it.

Team Name: __________________________
Old Yahoo ID: __________________________
New Yahoo ID: _________________________
New email address: _____________________

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a shot once I find a replacement manager ;-D
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner