Kelvim Escobar - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Kelvim Escobar

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kelvim Escobar

Postby DaSh 1s » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:01 pm

He is gettin closer and closer to coming back. I am sure he is on everyone's list of FA. Its obvious he is worth taking a flier on. When is the appropriate time to add him? I dont want to wait until its to late
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Kelvim Escobar

Postby Rman3911 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:07 pm

He's going to be in the bullpen for the rest of the year. So I don't think he's worth being owned.
Rman3911
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ROC AllStars » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:22 pm

Rman3911 wrote:He's going to be in the bullpen for the rest of the year. So I don't think he's worth being owned.

I agree. Unless your format rewards holds, I'm not sure Escobar is worth a roster spot. He could potentially help you with WHIP and ERA, but not necessarily anymore than someone who is playing right now.
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby YerInUrine » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:38 am

Jun 25 The Associated Press reports Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim SP Kelvim Escobar (shoulder) threw two innings Wednesday, June 25, in the Arizona Summer League.

Jun 25 RHP Kelvim Escobar (torn labrum) threw 32 pitches in two innings for the Angels' Arizona Summer League team, his first game action since last season. Escobar allowed one run on two hits and struck out two while reaching 95 mph with his fastball, according to manager Mike Scioscia. Escobar will join the Angels in Los Angeles for their series against the Dodgers this weekend and will be evaluated by the team's medical staff. He is scheduled to continue his minor league injury-rehabilitation assignment with a 45-pitch outing Monday for Class A Rancho Cucamonga.

-Yahoo

Interesting
YerInUrine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby AmazinMeTS86 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:38 am

Rman3911 wrote:He's going to be in the bullpen for the rest of the year. So I don't think he's worth being owned.

Is this an opinion, or do you know this to be fact? I was eyeing him up but if he will fill the role of RP upon his return then he is useless to me. Thanks
AmazinMeTS86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mashug » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:12 pm

I can't see him being there all year. He's too good. They had him up to 45 pitches, and I think they'll slowly bring him up, starting in the bullpen.
Mashug
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ROC AllStars » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:05 pm

The bullpen talk seems to stem largely from these comments, reported on ESPN June 7:

"Escobar (torn labrum) threw from a mound on Friday for the first time since his injury was diagnosed, the Orange County Register reports. Escobar threw 15 pitches after going through his usual flat ground routine.

Spin: Escobar probably won't start when he eventually returns. 'I don't think I'll be a starter this year,' said Escobar. 'I think they want to take it easier on my arm this year, make sure I get my health back and let me help the team in the bullpen. And you know, our starting rotation has been very good. Those guys have been very good.'"

But since then, they do seem to be working his pitch count up to the higher ranges. It is definitely something to keep an eye on.
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby AmazinMeTS86 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:10 pm

Thanks for the update...I drafted him as a stashee and that didn't pan out. Since dropping him I've been trying to keep tabs on him b/c I think most are not :-)
AmazinMeTS86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Injuries & Player Updates