Two STACKED teams...which is better? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Two STACKED teams...which is better? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Two STACKED teams...which is better? WHIR

Postby hambone1818 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:43 pm

I'm (hopefully, if the other guy accepts the deal) getting Kinsler in a deal, and I wanted to see how my team stacked up against the run-away leader of the league.

This is a 10-team, h-2-h, weekly change, 5x5 league with 7 keepers

TEAM A
C. G. Soto
1B R. Howard
2B I. Kinsler
3B M. Cabrera
SS M. Young
OF M. Ramirez
OF J. Hamilton
OF G. Sizemore
UTIL V. Guerrero
BEN J. Upton
DL H. Blalock

SP J. Beckett
SP C. Hamels
RP F. Rodriguez
RP J. Soria
P S. Marcum
P T. Lilly
BEN D. McGowan
BEN R. Johnson
BEN C. Buchholz

TEAM B
C R. Doumit
1B J. Cantu
2B BJ Upton
3B R. Braun
SS S. Drew
OF C. Crawfor
OF C. Beltran
OF J. Francoeur
UTIL M. Reynolds
BEN A. Pujols (DL)
DL R. Weeks
DL R. Zimmerman

SP S. Kazmir
SP J. Peavy
RP J. Papelbon
RP H. Street
P J. Vazquez
P E. Volquez
BEN C. Billingsley
BEN I. Snell
BEN AJ Burnett
BEN C. Kershaw

As you can see, he's had some recent injuries. I'm hoping in the next month or so, while Pujols is out, I can gain some ground (I'm in 3rd, but he has 13 games on me with a .664 W%). Would you take his team over mine? Thanks, and leave a link.
hambone1818
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Two STACKED teams...which is better? WHIR

Postby shappy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:49 am

Both teams are very very close in my opinion.

I think team B might have the better pitching staff, giving the edge to peavy/kazmir over beckett/hamels although that is pretty close. I really wish kazmir lasted longer into games and didn't get his pitch counts up so high. I give the infield edge to Team A where I feel it is more balanced and has more proven players. I dont really trust cantu, although he is a injury replacement, and with pujols back the other team might take the advantage there.

I like Team A's outfield a little better. I think it is a bit more balanced. Team B wont get that much power out of those three, but will certainly rack up the runs and SB, where your team will have a decent number of SB from sizemore, and continue to have power numbers from hamilton and manny.

I think it is going to be really close, and pretty much comes down to when pujols can come back, and who goes on a nice streak post ASB. I think you should really hope for vlad to turn it around and heat it up soon. That could really be the catalyst you need.

help me out: viewtopic.php?t=352687

I have bad luck when it comes to signatures that the person either gets traded or hurt...in this case I hope he gets traded.
shappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Re: Two STACKED teams...which is better? WHIR

Postby hambone1818 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:04 am

Thanks for the response man, much appreciated? Anyone else have an opinion? I'm starting to get pissed off, I just lost 6-2-2 when the other guys team went 3-6-1, so instead of taking advantage of a down week I actually lost ground. Just a terrible week, and it was across the board: 0 wins, only 4 HR, a .260-something BA...I just don't get it, my team is MUCH better than that.

Also, I just dropped Randy for Lester...he's been so consistently good I was SHOCKED to still see him in FA.

Thanks as always, and please leave a link
hambone1818
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team