2nd Place, how does it look? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

2nd Place, how does it look? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

2nd Place, how does it look? WHIR

Postby ROC AllStars » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:39 pm

I've had some injury problems, but have adjusted a bit. I'm in second, but the first place team has a bunch of no-name over-producers who I doubt will continue to hold the lead for him. Are there any holes that I should be concerned about in my lineup? Thanks in advance, leave a link.

10 team points league, scoring below

C: R. Doumit
1B: M. Cabrera
2B: D. Uggla
3B: M. Reynolds
SS: H. Ramirez
OF: J. Guillen, K. Fukodome, D. Murphy, J. Bruce (Start 4)
UTIL: Thames

Bench: C. Young, A. Casilla, C. Headley
DL: A. Pujols, E. Byrnes

SP: J. Peavy, B. Webb, B. Sheets, J. Contreras, D. McGowan, J. Chamberlain, T. Wellemeyer, F. Liriano
RP: J. Soria, F. Cordero, K. Gregg

Scoring:
1B: 1
2B: 2
3B: 3
HR: 4
RBI: 1
R: 1
BB: 1
K: -1
E: -1
GIDP: -1

W: 10
L: -5
SV: 10
BS: -5
1/3 IP: 1
K: 1
BB: -1
H: -1
R: -1
CG: 5
CGSO: 10
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2nd Place, how does it look? WHIR

Postby shappy » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:46 pm

your pitching looks really solid. I would say the weakest part of your team is your OF. Bruce was nice for a short period of time, but I am just not a believer in all of the hype around him. If you can get one of those crazy bruce type deals that I have been seeing in the trade threads I would bite at that. Also Guillen has been good this month, but career wise is not as good as he has been playing, might be another good sell high candidate. Other then your OF I am pretty sold on your team. Hopefully the guy in 1st comes back down to earth and you can take him out.

help me out:
viewtopic.php?t=352687

I have bad luck when it comes to signatures that the person either gets traded or hurt...in this case I hope he gets traded.
shappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby kaiser » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:29 am

shappy wrote:your pitching looks really solid. I would say the weakest part of your team is your OF. Bruce was nice for a short period of time, but I am just not a believer in all of the hype around him. If you can get one of those crazy bruce type deals that I have been seeing in the trade threads I would bite at that. Also Guillen has been good this month, but career wise is not as good as he has been playing, might be another good sell high candidate. Other then your OF I am pretty sold on your team. Hopefully the guy in 1st comes back down to earth and you can take him out.

help me out:
viewtopic.php?t=352687

I agree with this. OF is where you may look to get stronger. You could do so by moving one of your SP, and packaging him with Guillen or Bruce while they still are hot. Better move quick, tho, as the Bruce craziness is already slowing down.

Help Here?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=353014
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 307)

Postby scottster92 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:52 pm

Thanks for the help on mine...

Your Starting Pitchers are incredible. Period. IMO, I would sell high on Soria, since the Royals are horrible, and maybe package him for a Kerry Wood type. Package one of your starters for an OF, and you will be on your way to first in no time.

Thanks for the help
scottster92
College Coach
College Coach

Postby healyja » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:48 pm

I like this team a lot, I cant believe how you were able to get all of these top 20 players on one team. But for holes I would try to upgrade at outfield, bruce started out great but who knows with a rookie, murphy another guy doing unreal in a high powered texas offense but i dont think he will keep it up. I think you can get a stud outfielder if you part ways with one of your big 3 pitchers (sheets, peavy, webb). It seems in a points league it could be easier to get pitching help than hitting help because you can pick up spot starters out of waivers and with wins being a point category. Thats pretty much all I could think of I mean you really do not want to mess around too much with a second place team.

Any help on my team would be greatly appreciated

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=353737
healyja
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team