Colon - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Colon

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Colon

Postby kid sox » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:22 am

thejusman1 wrote:I am so dumbfounded right now. Beckett, Dice-K, Lester, Wake... Masterson/Clay/Bucholz? I don't want to have this guy on my team, even if it is the D/L slot, if he's not even going to return to a spot in the rotation. What is going on here?

When Colon returns to the DL he will pitch in the rotation. He can't be sent back to the minors so if he is not pitching he would have to be released. I don't see that happening.
kid sox
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby felixthecat011 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:48 am

thejusman1 wrote:I am so dumbfounded right now. Beckett, Dice-K, Lester, Wake... Masterson/Clay/Bucholz? I don't want to have this guy on my team, even if it is the D/L slot, if he's not even going to return to a spot in the rotation. What is going on here?

Yeah, and don't forget Schilling. He's a ways away and having a rough time of it rehabbing lately, but he will be back at some point and would command another rotation spot.

Pitching depth is a great thing to have from a real-life perspective, but it can be frustrating from a fantasy perspective when it keeps guys like CB in AAA.
felixthecat011
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby kid sox » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:58 am

felixthecat011 wrote:

Yeah, and don't forget Schilling. He's a ways away and having a rough time of it rehabbing lately, but he will be back at some point and would command another rotation spot.

Pitching depth is a great thing to have from a real-life perspective, but it can be frustrating from a fantasy perspective when it keeps guys like CB in AAA.

Schilling just had a setback. The best case scenario had him returning in August but the timetable has been pushed back. I would be very surprised if he pitches at all this season.
kid sox
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates